Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
He's got great head structure!
I know! I'm impressed that I found one like that in what's ultimately a pet store. Not your average pet store, mind you, but the ones at work who came from the same place don't have heads nearly that nice. All three of the ones they had in stock had really nice structure. I don't plan on breeding, but as the lifespan of a crestie is sort of unknown, I can't guarantee that'll be the case in 10 or 15 years lol

Quote:
I mean, Ysera looked a bit like Jag in the daytime...

...but fired into this burgundy harlequin.
HOLY CRAP! What a change. Ysera was gorgeous. I really want him to fire up, too, I haven't seen him fired yet. The male at work fires up into a really cool chocolate and green bi-color, but looks pretty similar to Jagger, minus the spots, when he's unfired.

I'll get more pics later on today. I thought he'd jumpy or flighty at first, but he seems to really like being handled. Almost as chill as our female at work.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Top Dog

He's gorgeous! Now I have Gecko want again.
I told myself no more reptiles or herps though!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
HOLY CRAP! What a change. Ysera was gorgeous. I really want him to fire up, too, I haven't seen him fired yet. The male at work fires up into a really cool chocolate and green bi-color, but looks pretty similar to Jagger, minus the spots, when he's unfired.

I'll get more pics later on today. I thought he'd jumpy or flighty at first, but he seems to really like being handled. Almost as chill as our female at work.
Thanks! He may not fire up for a while. I know Ysera rarely fired up as a juvenile, especially when I first brought her home. Keep us posted if he has any cool colour combos.

Ysera loved being handled. She wouldn't sit still, but she would actively want to handclimb with me. If she got too excited and jumped to my shoulder or head, she would usually return to my hands.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Got Floof?

I approve of this name.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 03-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Thanks! He may not fire up for a while. I know Ysera rarely fired up as a juvenile, especially when I first brought her home. Keep us posted if he has any cool colour combos.

Ysera loved being handled. She wouldn't sit still, but she would actively want to handclimb with me. If she got too excited and jumped to my shoulder or head, she would usually return to my hands.
I was getting some stuck shed off his toe pads last night, and he decided my face was where he wanted to be Still hasn't fired up, but I heard him thumping around last night after lights were off. I'm letting him settle in for a week before I start my study, but I'm hoping with the study I'll spot him fire up sooner rather than later. Definitely will keep you all updated!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

You should check your FB messages.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Top Dog

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! !!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Top Dog

MOAR PICTURES!

I was carrying him around while the dogs were out, and he started to fire up a bit. I don't think he was fully fired, but getting there. These pictures don't capture his color well. He was a medium brown with some greenish and a dark stripe down his back, and I *think* I saw some portholes appearing, which I did not expect AT ALL. He also has fringing and knee caps as well as blushing. I just adore his colors.

He's also a pig. I fed him tonight and he didn't just lick at his food, he chomped at it too, because licking just isn't fast enough lol. I made "double recipe" because I like to leave some in all the time, and he easily ate half of it in one sitting.

This one is probably most accurate color-wise, but it still isn't right

Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

I want a Dalmatian! He's super freaking cute! I can't wait to see what he REALLY fires up as, though the beginning stages are adorable!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Top Dog

I got a 12x12x18 Exo Terra on sale for $10 at Petsmart! HOLY CRAP!

He was REALLY fired up while I was setting this up, as I had taken everything out of the tub except for a paper towel. But by the time I was able to get a camera, he was firing down again. I think he may end up being brindle, and he MIGHT have portholes. It's hard to tell, but that area looks different when he fires up.

I have more stuffs to put in this tank, but it was late and I was in a hurry so I could get Lis set up in the bin, since she was stuck in a tiny little critter keeper all day. I hot glued suction cups to the plants to keep them up.

Also, I finally got a scale. Jagger is 25 grams! He still has a good bit of growing to do.