Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

I've been going back and forth about posting a video from Gusto's trial, because I know a lot of people don't like how he runs. Screw it, I'm proud of my baby dog

It was his second trial; he qualified in this standard run, plus Snooker, Jumpers and Pairs. This was his first run of the weekend, and it was nice to see his confidence and speed improve throughout. He's still very different at trials than at home, and I particularly don't love his teeter here. He doesn't like teeters on mats. I've pestered many people far wiser than I about it, and am curious to see how it improves as he trials more and becomes more accustomed to "different" equipment.

The blip between the a-frame and the table, which you can't see, is that there was a piece of rubber that had fallen off the a-frame. I think he thought it was a cookie placed there to reward his 2o/2o. He picked it up and carried it to the table, then spit it out there.

My video camera seemed to blip out during the snooker run, so a friend taped his other runs. I'm hoping she'll get them to me this weekend. The cutest moment ever was when he got half the gamble, then came back to me. The timer buzzed, so I just praised him and turned to leave - and he went back and finished the rest of the gamble. He's such a comedian.