Building play drive?

Muttkip

LABRADERP!

Dex

I like the method from SG's website for dogs that are showing little to no interest in toys, tugs, etc.

Just remember, keep it FUN. If you aren't having fun, your dog isn't having fun either.

You can also play games like Speed Drill Sits, Speed Drill Downs and Speed Drill Settles.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
I never thought of that and I have a dog that is OBSESSED with the flirt pole and spring pole.

Any ideas of what kind of toys would work? She likes killing stuffies and I know Beau loves the squeaky stuffless foxes.

Think that would work?

adojrts

I never thought of that and I have a dog that is OBSESSED with the flirt pole and spring pole.

Any ideas of what kind of toys would work? She likes killing stuffies and I know Beau loves the squeaky stuffless foxes.

Think that would work?
I have a stuffless fox on one and a rabbit fur tug on a bungee with a squeeker on another. Use anything and experiment.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches

Think that would work?
If she likes the flirt pole and spring pole, building her prey/play drive shouldn't be too hard at all. It sounds like she has it in her and just needs some channeling.

I have this thing on my flirt pole right now:

And, much to my amusement, the club I went to last night uses the same thing on their flirt pole, LOL.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
How are your dogs not just shredding that you with the I first grab and tug?
Well see, actually, they kind of are. Mine is already in half. I will say it's tougher than it looks, though!

Usually when I play with Blossom I switch it out for a heavy rope toy, though. I'm bringing her back to the club for her eval next week and I'm worried she's gonna destroy their toy though. :eek: LOL

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
We use leather and fur usually, at home my cheap version is just a kong wubba skin and whatever toy I don't mind being shredded. The wubba skin is a toughy, also plain rope works if you have a willtugonanything dog.

JMO

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
We use leather and fur usually, at home my cheap version is just a kong wubba skin and whatever toy I don't mind being shredded. The wubba skin is a toughy, also plain rope works if you have a willtugonanything dog.

JMO
I like the Wubba skin idea a lot, I think both my dogs would like that (the big rope toy like weighs more than Keeva, she can't really play with it). I have a Wubba here that's on it's last leg anyway.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
Takoda has never seen a flirt pole or spring pole it's my old geezer that is obsessed with them.

But the fact that she does chase the ball when thrown means there is something three I can build on right?

Members online