Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 02-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Sport Model Pug

I don't like snooker, but we do best in snooker. I'm not a choose my own adventure kind of gal. We're one Q away from our masters title of course lol. I do however go with the "choose the smoothest and flowiest route" because its better for Iz. Strategy, thy name is snooker.

And I've been in masters snooker for a while now and can't remember if the points change in AAC because I have a crappy memory when it comes to things like that.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Top Dog

My old Tully girl was the best Snooker dog ever. She wasn't super fast, but we had a couple of SuperQ's, because she had very little obstacle focus. So we'd get the courses where everyone was burning out trying for 3 or 4 7's, I'd pick some solid but unspectacular course that my girl could finish in the allotted time, and bingo.

I don't tend to try for the high scores myself until (and unless) the dog is in Masters, because before that, a Q is a Q. I pick a course that we can enjoy, and preferably, enough points in the opening that we still Q if we blow something partway through the closing.

I admit, I love Snooker. But I haven't tried to run it since I lost Tully, it might make me cry now.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

sorry. is there a way to delete?

Last edited by Flyinsbt; 02-26-2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: duplicate
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

hey Mandy, post some AAC Snooker for the good folks and scare the hell out of them
Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
hey Mandy, post some AAC Snooker for the good folks and scare the hell out of them
Stupid me deleted a bunch off my phone and all my paper ones are of starters (before they went to no handouts) so here's the masters snooker we Q'd on at our last trial. It isn't the most hurky jerky one I've done, some they put out I swear these judges want to see us cry lol.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-27-2013, 12:57 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I have 2 -5 -2.. then pop back into the tunnel on the last 2 to begin you closing. Or 7-5-2.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
I have 2 -5 -2.. then pop back into the tunnel on the last 2 to begin you closing. Or 7-5-2.
First one wouldn't give enough points for a qualifying score.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Stupid me deleted a bunch off my phone and all my paper ones are of starters (before they went to no handouts) so here's the masters snooker we Q'd on at our last trial. It isn't the most hurky jerky one I've done, some they put out I swear these judges want to see us cry lol.

I haven't done snooker in years other than playing with friends so my sense of how much time I have is rough at best, but with Mira who is fast I'd probably go

Lower right red - teeter - upper middle red - through to AFrame - lower left red out - AFrame - push to outside of left red - AFrame - closing sequence.

If it took more time than anticipated it also allows me to skip the last red-AFrame and go straight into the closing sequence.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

So we Q'd our snooker run today, woohoo!

Lucy found it incredibly demotivating (what, I don't take the obstacle right in front of me? I have to do this awkward 180 turn instead? Yuck!) but I was super proud that she stayed with me and finished everything I asked of her.

Question though--we finished WAY under time. Like, the time allotted was 52 seconds, I think, and we finished it in 35. Is there any benefit to that? Could we have gone back to get more points? Or is time strictly a tie breaker, and once you finish the closing you're finished?

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8DCTLTKtBM
Old 03-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

You can't go back for more points, once you finish the closing, you're done. Finishing under time isn't particularly beneficial, but if you got what you needed, I'd consider that more important than trying to get more points.