Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Hey, we just made the opposite journey a few months ago. It looks like you are moving to Denver? Awesome! It is gorgeous out there.

Good choice to go with Penske. They have awesome customer service, and the van we got, same exact specs, was just about brand new and was a very nice ride. Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 02-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Top Dog

Let me tell you about my experience with Penske. I flew out to Portland to help my BIL and SIL move back to the midwest. Flew out, packed up the truck, left the next morning. By 730 am we were overheating after only about 20 min of driving pretty flat highway in cool temps.

Called, told us to stop and check the coolant and we did, it wasn't to the bubble that you could see so we had to go look for some. He said it had to be a very specific kind made for these big diesel engines, so Ok, off we go. Thankfully we had his wife's vehicle that I was driving, and went searching at auto stores for this particular antifreeze.

I think something like that should be checked before you check it out, but that's me. So we proceed to fill it and it takes about a half second and it's above the little glass bubble, so though it was "low" it wasn't enough that it should have affected anything at all.

They tell us, it's good enough, and go on our way. So we do. Now we're about 2 hours from leaving, and only 20 miles from Portland maybe. By the time we hit the highway, it was running hot again.

Told my BIL to turn on all the heat and roll down the windows, so he did and we kept driving to the next town they told us to get to. We get there and take it to the mechanics we're told to and the part has to be flown into portland and then they have to drive and get it and get back to put it in. So we spent the day in some town, don't remember, pretty much wasting the day away.

Gets fixed, start on the highway and within 10 minutes, it's hot again. Call the mechanic and no answer, call penske, they call mechanic and they said it was fixed. Tell Penske we're on the side of the road with an overheated truck again.

So they send out a tow truck. We wait for a couple hours again, tow truck arrives, too small to haul that big truck thru the mountain pass. They're going to tow it to Yakima WA and people are going to meet us there to unload our current truck, reload another one and send us on our way.

So we wait for another truck to tow it to Yakima. Finally gets there and we drive on and we check into a hotel in Yakima and wait for the tow truck and reloaders to call us. We have to be present for the reload in case anything breaks. We check in and then get something to eat and the Penske calls and says they should be at the destination in 10 minutes so we leave to meet them.

It's now 1:30 in the morning. They said they'd have a crew there to reload and it would only take them 30 minutes to reload their largest truck. They're professionals they told us, i had my doubts. Show up and they are two maybe 20 somethings and one is still in his slippers. His ****ing slippers????

Guess who ended up reloading the truck??? Not them. So now we're 24 hours on the road, only in Yakima, WA and reloading a truck we just loaded the day before. We got done about 4 in the am, slept for 2 hours and then hit the road again

The rest of the trip was rather uneventful thankfully. Three weeks later of daily phone calls and complaining they finally paid us back for the hotel room in Yakima. They weren't all that pleasant to deal with.

hope your cross country move goes much more smoothly
Old 02-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Bored Now.

RTH, I am not entirely surprised about your experience. My overall experience with the company makes yours look pleasant. Sadly, mine involves social media waivers that prohibit sharing the year-long story. ;-) The experience with the Penske truck rental has gone quite well, with the exception of a CEL and a transmission that's crapping out at 25,000 miles - but it's a GMC truck, so that's not unexpected.

The only reason I went with them is because with discounts it was almost $600 less than the competition.

Megan, I'm glad you had a good experience! And yes, we are finally headed to Denver. It's been fourish years in the making, and I decided I was just going to start living my life the way I want to live it instead of looking back and wishing I had.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
RTH, I am not entirely surprised about your experience. My overall experience with the company makes yours look pleasant. Sadly, mine involves social media waivers that prohibit sharing the year-long story. ;-) The experience with the Penske truck rental has gone quite well, with the exception of a CEL and a transmission that's crapping out at 25,000 miles - but it's a GMC truck, so that's not unexpected.

The only reason I went with them is because with discounts it was almost $600 less than the competition.

Megan, I'm glad you had a good experience! And yes, we are finally headed to Denver. It's been fourish years in the making, and I decided I was just going to start living my life the way I want to live it instead of looking back and wishing I had.
That last sentence is awesome.