How's the weather?

Mach1girl

In Ft. Payne, Alabama, it is the super sucky time of year. Hot-cold-hot-cold. Rain and more Rain. Rainy season. The sun was out when I left home at 8 this morning, 20 miles away it was windy, sunny but colder. Now it is getting so gray and fixin' to rain AGAIN! Ugh-so tired of rain!!! And, after the winter rainy season, comes the spring rainy AND tornado season.................then the summer drought, then Fall tornado season...........beginning to not like Alabama...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It's 25F, cloudy and we got about 4 inches of snow overnight. Being Denver, the roads are perfectly clear without much help from the plows and if the sun ever came out, the roads would be dry.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Apparently it was only a reprieve, for it is snowing again. I looked at the sdiewalk..Hyia didn't make it very far and thought not this time.

IT's a shame I am down to the very last log. THis is the very last of the oak that fell in Gg's yard a year ago.

I have one of those waxy ones, but they don't put out much heat and I am saving it for the next time furnace goes out.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Plenty of snow coming down really fast here now. It started about 3:30 and by the time I left work it was really snowing. People were mostly driving sane but I heard at least two sirens spin up while coming home and it's not even three miles from home to work, so wrecks abound.
I shoveled what was already on the driveway because they said we're supposed to get snow THEN ice... it's a PITA to shovel snow crusted in ice. By the time I was at the foot of the drive and came back up to the top, about as much as I had already shoveled off the porch and sidewalk had accumulated on it again. I'm hoping for just snow but I wanted a head start on it if it does turn into ice... I came in from shoveling with icicles in my hair.
Good night to snuggle up with the dogs and stay warm inside.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
In Ft. Payne, Alabama, it is the super sucky time of year. Hot-cold-hot-cold. Rain and more Rain. Rainy season. The sun was out when I left home at 8 this morning, 20 miles away it was windy, sunny but colder. Now it is getting so gray and fixin' to rain AGAIN! Ugh-so tired of rain!!! And, after the winter rainy season, comes the spring rainy AND tornado season.................then the summer drought, then Fall tornado season...........beginning to not like Alabama...
Same here , some nights have been cool but "knocks on wood HARD because DD (thats me) HATES the cold :p" they mostly warm up to about 60's/70's. I can deal with a cold (by cold I mean anything under 60 :p) morning if it will get warm.

But it's almost march here so we may have a "shocker" cold snap but it doesn't usually last long, most of the time the nights will be "cool" til the end of April ... Then the summer begins :D :D :D & I can't wait for the infamous Texas summer to begin :D

Zoom

Twin 2.0
There is a foot of snow on the ground! The dogs had a blast in it, I got to try out the XT, which was a blast. I was supposed to go to my parent's today to see my brother who is in town on leave, but they live roughly 45 minutes away on a good day. There are too many transplanted Californians living here to make driving with this much snow on the ground a safe idea.

GipsyQueen

It's snowing... once again. I feel like this year it's just snow all the time. :eek: It' never really more than an inch though - but it seems like it never really stops.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Meg I hate the cold so anything under 60 degrees is too cold so snow & wind chills below zero forget it!

I dont know what my dogs would do with snow ... They have never seen it

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It was like 45F today, so the main roads are pretty well clear and dry. The side streets are still a bit packed but nothing too bad.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Pouring rain here right now, and the temperature is supposed to drop in the afternoon so all this can turn into ice and then a few inches of snow can dump on top of it. Great!! Guess I'm not going to the gym tonight either... I'm going straight home from work with a very careful, slow drive, huddling under a blanket, and possibly staying there until spring.

Staff online

Members online