Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Top Dog

I have recently moved about 900km from home. The last couple of weeks have been the first time that I've started to feel comfortable. I've been her for about 7 weeks, so I feel I'm not doing so bad.

I went from being excited, to being terrified, a tad depressed, overwhelmed and wondering what the hell I was thinking, back to being in control and pretty happy today. The biggest thing for me is not have the dogs with me at the moment (counting down until I get them at the end of March).

The move also coincided with a great job opportunity and my first job in my chosen field. So although there is a lot of excitement surrounded the job, it was also a culture shock for me and a new job is always stressful.

I feel like I could do without another move for a while. Traditionally I've been one to stay in towns and in jobs for as long as possible.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Original Twin

Do I ever have that feeling? Um yeah, every single day. I want to go back to Oregon SO BADLY, but sometimes there are times when Boston starts calling my name.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I never would have wanted to leave this place but honestly I'd give anything to move now. I had a falling out with an EXTREMELY close friend of mine (like, sister close) and we go to the same church. And it's the church where my dad preaches so I really can't go anywhere. I have to see her several times a week and it makes it really hard to move on from our friendship especially since she's basically "moved on" from my sister and I to a pair of our mutual friends. So it makes everything really awkward and honestly the whole time I'm there I just feel like I'm going to cry. I can't stand it and I wish I could just move away and never see her again. Honestly if I never saw her again I would be fine. But having to see her every few days is exhausting me emotionally. I can't stand it but there's honestly nothing I can do. I wish she would leave our church but I don't see that happening either.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Around Christmas I sat down, had a serious heart to heart with myself, did some serious considering, looked at my finances, and threw in the towel with living here. I despise where I'm at. I'm moving to AZ in late July. By myself, no job, no place to live (yet..I'm working on it). The climate seems awesome to me, it seems like a great mix of city and "nature", and I'm going to school there as well.

So yup..I do seem to just 'up and go' quite frequently. Sometimes you just need to shake things up...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I do recommend planning and saving though.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Top Dog

That's what happened with my family and Texas. We've always complained about Indiana weather, so why not change? We've finally decided that we are just packing up and going to Texas. We already looked at houses, and finally bought one.

If you want, you can change, you know. Change is good, imo.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 35 lbs
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

We have moved a few times in the past, but we were never able to move where we wanted to, so that makes a big difference. I moved from Germany to the US on my own free will and that was hard. I sometimes can't believe that I am still here. But life and things get complicated and it's hard to find an opportunity to do so.

My husband and I are both very security driven and we would absolutely have to have jobs lined up- and it would have to be financially feasible to make the move. That also being said that moving is expensive and stressful.

But yes, I often dream about moving away from here.... Indiana is just not my favorite place on earth.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Top Dog

I get the feeling that when I'm living on my own, I won't necessarily settle down in one place for the rest of my life. It feels so good to just uproot myself and soak up some different soil for a bit. But then I go back home and it almost hurts to think that the little sliver of the life you potentially could have had is all you'll get. That one small bite that danced on my palate with so many tantalizing flavors... I always want to go back and try it again, to see if I can identify all the spices in the mix.
My mom, however, is satisfied with just the one taste. She doesn't need to know how all the flavors merged together to make that little sample. We've talked about moving multiple times for every reason there is at some point or another, but we never have. What I see as getting stuck in a rut, she sees as getting in a groove.