The Venting Thread

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
This video I am trying to upload says it's going to take two hours. It's 372MB. Uh, what? My connection is excellent. What gives?

One of my coworkers has a small female lab mix. Yesterday we were talking about how we should get our pups together for a play date and she said, "Yeah and both of them are fixed." I said, "Hudson isn't neutered." You should have seen the looks I got. You'd have thought I just admitted to torturing him every night just for giggles.

To make it better, the co-worker that argued with me over it is perfectly OK with her mom having 20-40 dogs for her breeding program. All of them are kept in kennels. Then she tried to tell me that when she worked at a vet clinic (5+ years ago) she recommended neutering as young as 8 weeks. Good thing it was time for me to leave for the day.

Giny

While giving Tilly her bath, yesterday, and checking her gums, I noticed that the flap the vet did to cover her oral nasal fistula has not taken, and she has a hole in her mouth, so back to the vet she goes for another procedure. :(

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
One of my coworkers has a small female lab mix. Yesterday we were talking about how we should get our pups together for a play date and she said, "Yeah and both of them are fixed." I said, "Hudson isn't neutered." You should have seen the looks I got. You'd have thought I just admitted to torturing him every night just for giggles.

To make it better, the co-worker that argued with me over it is perfectly OK with her mom having 20-40 dogs for her breeding program. All of them are kept in kennels. Then she tried to tell me that when she worked at a vet clinic (5+ years ago) she recommended neutering as young as 8 weeks. Good thing it was time for me to leave for the day.
A coworker and I got into an argument that I was going to be purchasing my puppy from a breeder and not rescuing. And then that I was planning to keep said puppy intact until I have a reason not to.

Luckily, said coworker and I are good friends in the workplace, so it was an argument that didn't have any heat behind it, but it was still annoying.

I wish people understood that there is a difference in breeders. I really think that a lot of the anti-breeder negativity comes from people that think Joe down the street breeding Fluffy and Fido to make cute babies with non-aggressive temperaments is the same as a breeder breeding a titled, health tested, evaluated dog to another such dog, with a specific goal in mind for the breeding.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
GRRR. Wake up this morning, stupid phone is completely dead, won't charge after trying numerous different chargers in numerous different outlets. This just happened to me a month ago! And my phone was still under warranty so they sent me a new one. I'm done withthis phone and ready to just spend $400 on a new one.

DJEtzel

Ugh. Woke up this morning, BF said he'd let the dogs out so I could get around because he had friends stay the night. I said "Ok, just make sure Frag and the puppy don't meet." because it's a rough introduction since the puppy has no manners and jumps all over dogs when meeting; lots of correction, even from my 7 month old puppy towards him. I don't feel comfortable letting my boyfriend introduce two male dogs, one being adult and one being pit. He just doesn't have the experience to know what could escalate.

So I get around and leave the bathroom to put laundry in the dryer, and the laundry room is the back porch leading to our backyard. I open the door and there stand Frag and puppy, happily wagging. I closed the door and called to the living room to ask BF if he purposely just goes against what I say to do with the dogs. He looks confused. I asked why he let Frag and Bogey meet when I told him not to. He said he didn't. I opened the door and he had this Oh **** look on his face. He forgot Frag was already outside when he let Bogey out so they met with NO supervision at all. Thankfully, they get along just fine.

My heart attack for the morning.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
A coworker and I got into an argument that I was going to be purchasing my puppy from a breeder and not rescuing. And then that I was planning to keep said puppy intact until I have a reason not to.

Luckily, said coworker and I are good friends in the workplace, so it was an argument that didn't have any heat behind it, but it was still annoying.

I wish people understood that there is a difference in breeders. I really think that a lot of the anti-breeder negativity comes from people that think Joe down the street breeding Fluffy and Fido to make cute babies with non-aggressive temperaments is the same as a breeder breeding a titled, health tested, evaluated dog to another such dog, with a specific goal in mind for the breeding.
asbegoabrgoer! I get so tired of my coworkers. I like them as people, but the other day all I said was "I can't wait to get home and watch Westminster" or something like that, and she goes "Don't say that around here. We're here to help them, not breed them or be any part of that."

:yikes:

I didn't know what to say. The ignorance is... incredible.

LauraLeigh

I want in my house! :-(

Starting to think contractors just say what they think you want to hear about when things will be done!!

I haven't had Siren, Nuts or Bolts to cuddle with in almost 4 MONTHS!!

Enough already!!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I woke up **** early to get to a work meeting this morning, after going out drinking last night. (Yes, I know that was my choice and didn't have to happen. I understand that).

Wake up, open the door to check how cold it was, and Rosey runs out. I figure whatever, she probably just had to go pee, leave he door open and go to get ready to leave. Which I've done a million times, she ALWAYS runs back to the house when she's done. Get ready, go to call her in, and she's gone. Just, nowhere to be seen. So I call her, give her house command, and she doesn't come. I run out, calling her, and figure I'd walk around the block. Sure enough, she's found another dog. Thank god I know the owners, and know the dog is friendly. Apologized profusely, because I was suddenly that asshole who let her dog roam the neighbourhood. The dog that can be rigt beside any other dog and not even acknowledge its precense.

Get to work meeting, get chewed out for being tired, mind you I was not hung over nor did I complain. This meeting was just bullshit. Basically, I was told that I do not have the right to a safe workplace because we are small (we're more than 6 people...) business. Meaning, I find a new job and then send the labour board on them.

asbegoabrgoer! I get so tired of my coworkers. I like them as people, but the other day all I said was "I can't wait to get home and watch Westminster" or something like that, and she goes "Don't say that around here. We're here to help them, not breed them or be any part of that."

:yikes:

I didn't know what to say. The ignorance is... incredible.
My co-worker, the one who seemed to think that leaving Hudson intact while her mom has dozens of kennel dogs in her breeding program........She also bred her Shiba multiple times before she finally decided not to breed him anymore and neutered him.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I have the worst headache imaginable!! I went to CPR training for my job this morning and it lasted until 1pm and I hadn't eaten a thing, so I thought I was just hungry and once I ate and had some coffee I'd feel better but that was 3 hours ago and I still feel horrible!! :(

Also I'm still very sad and upset over my "ex-best friend" and to make it worse, a mutual friend posted a picture of the two of them hanging out on Instagram and it made me really sad when I've been doing really well lately about it. I want to block my mutual friend so I don't have to see these things but I feel bad because it isn't her fault you know? She has no clue this is going on. So I don't want to hurt her feelings. Part of me wants to just stop using Instagram for a while but it helps me pass the time and actually get my mind OFF of this stuff. Usually..

GipsyQueen

I'm an idiot. I wanted to make banana ice cream. I put the bananas in the freezer... but with the peel still on. -.- obviously there will be no banana ice cream. :(

DJEtzel

All four of my dogs can escape crates, so I was up all night keeping two of them in them and away from Frag who has a hurt hock and does NOT want to be bothered.

So I'm sleepy.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Mercy was up as soon as sunlight started coming in my room, which is entirely too early. I think a pond trip four the duo is in order for today. On the bright side she did settle back down until 7:30. Lol

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Ugh,I hope my friend isn't mad at me ... I texted him on Saturday just to drop him a line that I hoped he & our other friends (horsemen) in Houston are doing well (that's exactly what I typed), I didn't say "talk to you later" "or "call you later" or anything because I am BUSY & usually can't talk & when I can they are usually busy or asleep (usually I get up at 4am on tracking days) & work all day, then go to dinner so it's usually too late to talk to someone at the end of the day anyway.

Anyway I haven't been able to call him back & I am afraid to text him again for fear of him thinking that I want him to call me when I don't. I swear some people really need to learn "tech edaquite"

Picklepaige

You do NOT get a puppy and then leave him in his crate for 18 hours so you can go party it up all weekend. He's in my roommate's room (which is locked), so I can't just go and get him either. He's gone without food, water, or being let out for that long.

SO mad.

DJEtzel

You do NOT get a puppy and then leave him in his crate for 18 hours so you can go party it up all weekend. He's in my roommate's room (which is locked), so I can't just go and get him either. He's gone without food, water, or being let out for that long.

SO mad.
Wow. I'd be texting said roommate and complaining big time about noise to get him to come let the dog out or call the landlord and explain the situation!

Members online

No members online now.