Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Little dog, big voice

Default Glyco-Flex II vs. III?

I'm mainly going to be using the supplement as a "preventative" for Cali, since she has luxating patellas but never shows any pain or hesitation and happily jumps off couches/beds/etc. The primary reason for this is because training classes are starting up this spring and I intend on taking part in at least a couple, and I want her joints to be mobile and healthy. I'm thinking fly ball, tracking and maybe rally-o.

I've read both descriptions for Glyco-Flex II and III, and since Cali is neither geriatric or a working dog, the II formula sounds like it may be best. However, I'm looking for advice from someone who gives their dog the supplement and can actually recommend a particular type. I'll be getting the soft chews and likely the ones tailored for small dogs.

My only experience with joint supplements comes from horses so I don't know what proportions to look for in a dog supplement, just in horse ones. Also, has anyone ever heard of Recovery SA? I'm just curious as I used Recovery EQ when I had my horse and there was immediate improvement. Plus, the Recovery SA has hylauronic acid which I remember the equine vet saying really makes the difference when it comes to a joint supplement, but is it different when it comes to dogs?

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.