Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Top Dog

Sorry the double post, it's too late to edit:

Also, did everyone take a childbirth class? And which type/what was it like?

My Dr. just gave me a list of instructors names/phone numbers, divided up by "Bradley, Lamaze, Hypnobirthing, etc". So now I have to call a bunch of them to see where and when the classes are, fees, etc...but I'm not sure which kind I want to take.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Top Dog

When I registered, I tried to read reviews to help decide which things to register for and tried to pick thinks at different price points.

I'm not going to take a child birth class but I need to get my act in gear and sign up for a breast feeding class.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:19 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Sorry the double post, it's too late to edit:

Also, did everyone take a childbirth class? And which type/what was it like?

My Dr. just gave me a list of instructors names/phone numbers, divided up by "Bradley, Lamaze, Hypnobirthing, etc". So now I have to call a bunch of them to see where and when the classes are, fees, etc...but I'm not sure which kind I want to take.
I did.

I took a breastfeeding class and a general birthing and labor class. While I didn't nessecarily use a lot of the "breathing techniques" it gave great information and our instructor was wonderful and it was just nice to have someone there to answer any questions that she may not have covered in class.

Brian also took a Daddy bootcamp class which was nice. It was JUST for men, even the doctor and instructors were men and mostly the class was about how to best support their wives during pregnancy, labor and the weeks after giving birth. They also bring in two new fathers to talk about their experience and answer questions. He really enjoyed it and when Hannah was born he volunteered to go in and be one of the fathers to share his experiences.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Does anyone else think registering is the hardest thing on the planet to do?

Supposedly I'm having a shower sometime in April, and was asked to register. My issues is that 90% of the stuff they have at department type stores (Target/Babies R Us is where I'm registering) is stuff I'd probably never buy, I have no idea how many newborn outfits to register for and how many 3-6 mo, etc...and I have no idea how to tell stuff like which tub, which bottles, etc. to choose.

BLEH.
If you're buying clothes, I'd pick clothes that are 6 months + and only get couple of small packs of newborn or 3-6 month onesies. Babies grow so fast at that stage, neither of my kids fit in newborn clothes when they were first born and they never had a chance to wear most of their 3-6 month outfits before they outgrew them.

These nightgowns are the Best. Things. Ever. My brother used them for all four of his kids and I used them for both of mine. It makes it so easy to change diapers in the middle of the night, change clothes if diapers leak, and they stay really warm and cozy. Plus the same gown will fit for several months, vs. foot jammies that they outgrow really fast.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Top Dog

Tanya, was the class you took a Lamaze? And did Brian go to that and Daddy Bootcamp? Do you if the one Brian went to was from an organization or how to find one here?

Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Tanya, was the class you took a Lamaze? And did Brian go to that and Daddy Bootcamp? Do you if the one Brian went to was from an organization or how to find one here?
it wasn't strictly Lamaze. I think it was just a general birthing class. They talked about things like epidural and induction and other things that you might use (or not) or might happen during labor and then we watched a video of a woman giving birth but we didn't do a lot of on the floor breathing practice or anything. there was a little bit but it was just one class not an ongoing weekly thing. it was more just a general overview and they talked about how a baby is supposed to come down the birth canal and about possible complications like breech and such.

Brian did come to that class with me as well as the boot camp. It was put on by the local hospital here. I'm not even exactly sure how he found it but I'll ask him when he gets up (he worked late last night lol)

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Top Dog

Awesome, thanks everyone! Romy - most of what I got is 3-6 or 6-9 months, and I guess if baby IS fitting into newborn clothes for the first weeks I can just send someone to grab some packs of basic onesies...

Also - did anyone else not show during pregnancy? I'm 25 weeks today, and no one would be able to tell I was pregnant unless I was wearing a skin-tight top and they knew what I looked like before. I'm SERIOUSLY frustrated by it. If I wear a looser fitting top I don't look ANY different than before, and if I wear tighter stuff I just look heavier than I did before. I guess I'm lucky my belly isn't big enough to be uncomfortable or anything, but still

Old 02-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-24-2013, 01:06 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Hmm.. Jen hasn't posted in 3 days..

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Behavior Nerd

I hope she doesn't mind, but I just checked fb and it looks like her daughter arrived safe and sound on Friday! Everyone is tired and doing well! I'll let her share all the details/stats when she gets around to it.

So happy for you guys!