Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

I have definitely gotten that itch! I have yet to do it... I've grown up here all my life, most of my close family is here, I think it'd be very weird for me to be somewhere without them. But it's something I've desired to do for a while now. I'm just too scared at this point. Being by myself and all. I know that's the best time though -- this is the time in my life where I CAN do whatever the hell I want. I have nothing tying me down, and of course Jackson can come with me wherever. But I get too scared... I've decided I definitely want to finish my Medical Assistant degree here first, so that at least I have a better job opportunity wherever I move. So maybe within 2 years, I'll be able to actually look a little bit more seriously at moving. I think it would be good for me to experience new people, new situations, etc.

I LOVE Colorado. My uncle has lived out there for close to 10 years now, I think, and I've visited quite a bit. I loooveee the lack of humidity, LOL - awesome! It's so pretty. The altitude kind of bothers me when I visit, but I'm sure it's something I'd get used to.

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Yup. There are places I would LOVE to live. Colorado, Oregon.....yeah, mainly those.

Unfortunately I am lazy, and it is just easier to stay right now Eventually we may end up in CO.

But my dog friends here are...amazing. And I don't want to leave them!!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Top Dog

Yup, we did, in August. MI to TN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
But my dog friends here are...amazing. And I don't want to leave them!!
This, I am still trying to get over this
Old 02-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

Constantly. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending), I married the most stable, secure person in the world who would prefer to never leave this area, ever. It was a stretch to get him to move from Maryland to Virginia (despite it only being 60 miles away from his home town!)

I am currently coveting somewhere warm. Beach access would be a plus. Unfortunately neither of us are risk takers, so unless we can find a stable job market somewhere else, it's not going to happen. I think we're in DC for the foreseeable future.

We bought a house here, so we're definitely here for 5-10 years. I'm not thrilled with it, but it is what it is. There are worse places in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Next I'm thinking NYC or Santa Barbara!
If you end up looking at SB, let me know! That's where I grew up, and where my entire family still lives I can point you in the right direction.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Top Dog

Go for it!! If you're both on board and can find a place and good jobs, why not??

I've wanted to move out west and live in BC since I was a kid. If my BF had that type of flexibility with his job, we would move out there in a heart beat. But his job is WAY too awesome, and I've just been offered an amazing career opportunity here, so we stay...for now.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Go for it!! If you're both on board and can find a place and good jobs, why not??
Agreed!
& Take me with youuuuuuuuu!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Top Dog

Nope, CO is getting too much like CA. No desire to live there. Beautiful and would be interested in hunting there, IF I can use dogs. If I remember correctly I can't, so not likely to visit either.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Nope lol.

I never imagined I would move away from my home town and when I did it was really hard for me. I got over it and now I can't imagine being anywhere else. This place is HOME. It feels so right here . I don't ever want to leave.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
Nope, CO is getting too much like CA. No desire to live there. Beautiful and would be interested in hunting there, IF I can use dogs. If I remember correctly I can't, so not likely to visit either.
That is exactlu why we left CO. It is beautiful with great weather, but it no longer feels like the west unless you are deep in the mountains where you cant afford.

Wyoming and Montana are next in our sights. Possibly Oregon or Washinton. Or maybe even somewhere like NC.

I always have an itch to move it seems. Guess that means I havent found home.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I do, but I don't, if that makes sense.

I get that wanderlust where I just want to pack up the dogs and the Jeep and just GO, but I can't leave my husband, and I can't leave my mother, and neither one of them wants to go with me.