Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Ever feel like you want to pick up and move? Colorado...

I get like that every so often.... in an odd sort of way I welcome the change.

Josh and I have been going back and forth discussing our future. We moved back to VA initially because he missed his family though since we have been back we hardly see family (both mine and his). I've been just looking for places to live around here because I figured since he was the one that wanted to move back here that that here is the only option for me to look for places to live.

The other night he asked me if I'm still interested in CO at some point. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Colorado. We talked about Colorado when we were living in NM... Aurora area being one of the areas we had discussed as a possibility. Josh then mentioned that provided we both were able to find jobs and a place to live PRIOR to making a move he would be up for moving to CO.

Right now we are just talking about it, flirting with the idea. No decisions are being made at all right now, but it's just a thought...

Doesn't help that for the hell of it I was browsing dog daycares out there since that's where I currently work at for a living and they have WAY cooler facilities than we tend to have out here. Facilities with big outdoor yards and one has a BONE SHAPED swimming pool outside. Cricket would go nuts if she got to swim every day. Basically I would want to still preferably work with dogs if we moved. Ugh... I shouldn't have looked because now I'm seriously thinking about CO again... been wanting to live in CO for a long time. Tempting...

Anyways... am I the only one that actually loves to move to completely new areas and have a clean start??
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Resident fainting goat

I get "the itch" to change cities about every 2 year or so lol like clock work.

Picking up and moving to Boston was one of the best things I've done. I had no idea where I would work or live or anything other than school but I have so enjoyed the fresh start that comes with a new city! Especially a city I really love and just like that things fell into place.

Like you, I work in the "dogindustry" lol and so picked a city that was VERY dog friendly and couldn't be happier.

What my mom told me was.. a typical apartment lease is one year. All you have to do is do one year. You don't like it? Move. That's the beauty of it!

I also learned what I REALLY need. When you love to move and love change there is no room for non-essentials lol I have like 5 knicknacks and keepsakes and everything else is must have.

Next I'm thinking NYC or Santa Barbara!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Top Dog

I don't want to actually move very often because we have a lot of crap, lol, but around this time every year I want to do a week or two trip out to the SW, mainly NM. A week or two of that and I've had my fill of 'new' and am ready to go back to the familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I get "the itch" to change cities about every 2 year or so lol like clock work.

Picking up and moving to Boston was one of the best things I've done. I had no idea where I would work or live or anything other than school but I have so enjoyed the fresh start that comes with a new city! Especially a city I really love and just like that things fell into place.

Like you, I work in the "dogindustry" lol and so picked a city that was VERY dog friendly and couldn't be happier.

What my mom told me was.. a typical apartment lease is one year. All you have to do is do one year. You don't like it? Move. That's the beauty of it!

I also learned what I REALLY need. When you love to move and love change there is no room for non-essentials lol I have like 5 knicknacks and keepsakes and everything else is must have.

Next I'm thinking NYC or Santa Barbara!
NYC and we'll hang out all the time. Yay trains from Grand Central to me

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 02-23-2013, 05:44 PM

Santa Barbara is beautiful IMO...

I know some parts of CO are NOT so dog friendly, so I have to do my research because dog friendly is a huge must for me since I will more than likely always work with dogs... just know that we have a few Chazzers out near the area we've been thinking about... actually Josh specifically was curious about Aurora since one of our chazzers lives out there that he knows a little.

I'm definitely more of a country girl at heart... and LOVEEE mountains so I am ultimately wanting a place out in the country near mountains, but not too far from a city so that there are more job opportunities available and still places to go, things to do, etc.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
I don't want to actually move very often because we have a lot of crap, lol, but around this time every year I want to do a week or two trip out to the SW, mainly NM. A week or two of that and I've had my fill of 'new' and am ready to go back to the familiar.

NYC and we'll hang out all the time. Yay trains from Grand Central to me
NM is AWESOME! I've lived there twice now and it's always going to be my fallback home. Went to High School in Rio Rancho.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
NM is AWESOME! I've lived there twice now and it's always going to be my fallback home. Went to High School in Rio Rancho.
Two years in a row we drove out to NM for 5 or 6 days. I love it out there. I keep joking that Ben was aiming for NM when he was applying for jobs and was off by one, that's how we ended up in NY

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 02-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Twin 2.0

Aurora isn't too bad; there are definitely some shady spots that you'd want to avoid, but where Typhanie lives is ok. There is BSL in Aurora as well, but not as bad as in previous years. There has been a lot of progress in that area. It's usually pretty inexpensive to live as well, since it's on the east side of 1-25 and therefore "farther" from the mountains.

You should totally move out here! It's what all the cool kids are doing. TONS of doggie daycares and pet-oriented stores and whatnot.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Bored Now.

Yeah. I have.

Funnily enough, my truck is packed and I'm leaving tomorrow morning.

I am leaving the boyfriend here, however, which turned into a month long drama fest that I am happy to leave behind. I don't recommend doing that part. Actually maybe I do. :-P
Old 02-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

I personally loved colorado and we have discussed moving back eventually As far as feeling like i want to pick up and move..with our almost 10 yrs in the military we moved every 2-3 yrs..its actually kinda nice to be in one spot just for a little while

Hope you moving plans work out!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I'll be the odd man out and say picking up and moving so far away terrifies me

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o