Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
9.0 earthquakes 100 miles off the coast. 7.0 inland, where up to 20 years ago, no one believed an earthquake over 5 could happen. Blizzards and hurricanes.

Less so guns than food and water here. Not much to shoot after the first few squirrels, and research has showed that in a disaster people are usually pretty well behaved. A gun might be nice, but I'm thinking a revolver would work as well as an AR in a lot of places.

In a flood you go higher, tornadoes destroy a small area so help can be fairly quick coming. Major earthquakes or major blizzards though, you may be on your own for a while.
Apparently that research didn't include NO after Katrina & NYC after sandy. Rapes, assaults & theft by violence were rampant. Heck in NO they even had a couple of cops kill some folks for $#!+$ & giggles. And a shotgun is generally the best choice unless you spend ALOT of time training.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
Apparently that research didn't include NO after Katrina & NYC after sandy. Rapes, assaults & theft by violence were rampant. Heck in NO they even had a couple of cops kill some folks for $#!+$ & giggles. And a shotgun is generally the best choice unless you spend ALOT of time training.
Or all the violence in Haiti, especially the sexual assaults that are still happening in displacement camps.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Probably. My boyfriend and I are both very anti-government, and we're waiting for them to try to take away the rest of our rights... because we're not going to be detained for resisting and we're not going to hand over our guns, etc.

Just... different strokes, ya know? I don't expect anyone to understand the things we think and feel, I just ask for a little respect about everyone's opinions, because I know ours are "out there". We don't feel they're unrealistic at all. (not say you or anyone else here are disrespecting opinions/each other, just a general note I add when talking about this type of thing).
This is one time I'm going to say the government absolutely does reflect the people. The govt didn't invent the idea of telling you how to live your life. It was your neighbor that came up with the idea of telling you what kind of dog you can own & how many. It was your other neighbor that thinks no one should own a SUV. And the other neighbor that decided it was okay to forcible take your land & sell it to a business to bring a couple hundred jobs to the area. And yet another neighbor that decided people in France shouldn't eat your horse. And definitely your neighbor that tried to tell me & my friends in the south that hunting deer with dogs was a moral abomination worse than pedophilia. Basically for the last half century pretty much every segment of our society has been steadily acclimating to the idea they know better how you should live your life than you do. The part that dumbfounds me, is that the guy that gets bent over gun rights can't see the hypocrisy in supporting BSL.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Oh there are so many theories to list... Gun bans, mandatory vaccinating, forced moves for agenda 21, a fatal virus being given to Americans, a currency crash and burn, more false flag attacks.. Just about anything can send us into a state of emergency so that all the rules are changed.

Our response is going to be to evade/flee and take our ruck sacks and head southwest in winter or north in summer. We can live out of them permanently given decent weather for the region.
Don't go too far southwest, about a hundred miles west of the Mississippi your ability to live off the land drops off dramatically. Mostly it's a water issue, the lack of it also means less edible plants & lower wildlife populations. For meat focus on trapping, as in a "zombie apocalypse" big game gets scarce fast & even traditional small game (birds & rabbits) take a hard hit. If the EPA would attack pollution in surface waters instead of chasing global warming red herrings, fishing would be a viable long term option.

Seriously, for long term survival, your best bet is to homestead. A descent piece of land, with a good well so you can raise your own crops & meat situated in a way that is defensible. Instead of bugging out you just reinforce.