Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Top Dog

Default Infected nail beds? Or something else? Allergy?

I was grooming all of the dogs tonight, and as I got to Dance and was doing her nails, I noticed that almost all of them have this reddish brown colour at the nail beds and they seem a little swollen (although maybe it's just the discolouration that makes them seem like that). They're not bothering her as far as I can tell, but it's weird. Does anyone know what might cause this? What I can do to get rid of it? It's not dirt. I tried to scrub a few clean in the bath just to see. To me they look infected, but yet she's not bothered and I don't smell anything weird. It's not normal, though, so something must have cause the irritation I would think. And it's odd that it's all four paws. She's not a foot chewer or licker, so I know she didn't cause it. And I don't think she has any allergies, but maybe? Nothing else is affected, though. You can't see it unless the hair is pushed back, so I tried to angle the blow dryer just the right way to try and show her nail beds for a few pictures.

Should I put Polysporin on them and see what happens? Have any of your dogs had this?

Poor Dance. :-(

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN