Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Its very pockety here. Some neighborhoods are very dog friendly, others are not at all
Without reading the whole thread: This.

There aren't many dog parks, few parks allowing on-leash dogs, the beaches have gotten way more strict about dog access (and people access), and no stores generally allow dogs.

But, in a couple of towns, there are a number of little pet boutiques, street fairs that allow dogs, we have strict animal abuse laws and lots of pro-rescue things, people take their pets very seriously for the most part...tons of veterinarians and such.

New York City I would say is very dog friendly...BSL even per building is illegal, many large department stores and smaller non-food stores allow dogs, most parks have dog parks and non-dog parks allow dogs on leash or off leash after dark, and there are a lot of events around for dog owners.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
No, where I live (the ghetto, lol) is not even remotely dog friendly. Even the more well to do parts of town are not especially dog friendly.
I have to ask where? It says ohio.

I live in the middle of nowhere so yeah. we have coyotes but so far no issue

I don't like dog parks so don't want them. Take the dogs to the beach and to the dock when we go out on the boat. They can NOT go to the horse parks but thats good because I don't trust other peoples dogs.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 02-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinsbt View Post
I'm a little jealous of those who say dogs are allowed on public transit in their areas, though. That is one thing we don't have, unless they're in a carrier.
(although apparently, someone forgot to tell this coyote)
http://seattletransitblog.com/2009/0...portlands-max/
Considering some of the people I have seen on the Max, I think I might prefer to run into a coyote.

Des Moines isn't super dog friendly. There are the usual pet stores and dog parks ( though we actually do have a decent amount of dog parks, not that I use them) but other than that there are very few places that welcome dogs beyond a couple bars that are owned by the same set of people.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Behavior Nerd

It's very hit or miss here, but still way better than where I lived in SC.

Here dogs are allowed in some home improvement stores: Lowes on my side of town, Home Depot in a neighboring town. The local Tractor Supply also allows dogs, we have a few small independent businesses in a few shopping areas with pet boutique stores that allow dogs, and there's a giant dish/silverware plant that allows dogs but has breakables at tail level lol. Banks, the post office, and most other businesses don't allow pets, though.

The restaurants downtown almost all allow dogs on the patios, but dogs aren't allowed at most street fairs or the Farmer's Market.

There's no pet limit in the city limits, but there are leash laws everywhere. There are 2, soon to be 3, dog parks in our county, but one is teeny.

Dog events are plentiful within a 3 hour drive.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
I have to ask where? It says ohio.
Grace moved to Mexico a few years ago! That's how Amber rescued Cricket from Mexico....she was Grace's foster dog.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Ho ho ho off.

Sort of. I live in a rural sheep farming and forestry area, so you can't let your dog off near the sheep or they're likely to be shot by the farmer....

But anywhere else, dogs are allowed to run. The beach is dog friendly, but they can't go on the public bit in certain months of the year. Not an issue, as there is plenty of beach.

Dogs can't go in shops in the uk, unless its a pet shop. You can sit outside restaurants but hardly any have outdoor seating as we have crap weather they can go in some pubs, but not all, so it's polite to ask.

Generally you can walk off lead in most parks, just not in the kids play area.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

Flagstaff is pretty dog friendly for the most part.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 02-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Allons-y!

Kind of. There are a LOT of dog owners in the area, a very nice dog park, several training places/clubs, lots of dog sport people, lots of nice dog-friendly hiking areas. In the city itself though, there are virtually no places that allow dogs inside, and dogs aren't even technically allowed in the commons (although this rule is broken all the time).

Emily &:
JRCH Aurai Defying Gravity - "Newton"
BIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Not really, the only place I can think of that lets you bring your dogs in is TSC and as far as I know there are no dog parks, never really looked into that honestly. I'm not sure if the parks are dog friendly or not.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 02-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Grace moved to Mexico a few years ago! That's how Amber rescued Cricket from Mexico....she was Grace's foster dog.
And then she moved to Ohio a while back.