Very much so
- Dogs are allowed on public transport (buses, trains)
- nearly all clothing stores/electronics/furniture/anything but food stores I've encountered are dog friendly
- At banks etc..
- Dog friendly apartments are common
- Dog friendly restaurant patios (and a few places with dog items on the menu!)
- Dog friendly parks have off leash dog areas
- Dog people are everywhere lol
- Lots of "doggy business" (Bakeries, day care, groomers, pet stores, pet spas etc..)
The dog culture is strong as well. It's a large, tight knit group. People are strict about picking up poo (poo pickup police!) and dog manners in parks because we DO RISK losing the park access we have if dog owners as a whole misbehave.
If it's an area where dogs aren't allowed off leash or you don't pick up poop..somebody is going to tell you.
If you dog is acting aggressive or you walk into the dog park and don't take your dog off leash.. someone is going to tell you.
It's so much of a MISSION to have a dog in the city that I've noticed when people do, they do it well.
I don't run into a lot of "just the family dog" people. Lol the city is very DOG PEOPLE friendly.
Everyone I encounter who has a dog is really INTO having a dog, which I think is awesome. Everyone has a favorite training center, daycare, park, pet store, dog bakery etc..