Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
It's got rave reviews on amazon! I actually bought it on iTunes for $8 and I watch it from my ipad which I prop up on my dresser. I just move it down to the ground for the ab and floor exercises. But it is kicking my ***!!! It's awesome so far. And there is 3 levels. So you're supposed to stay on level 1 as long as you need, but aim to complete all 3 levels. I think what I am personally going to do is 30 days of level 1, 30 days of level 2, and 30 days of level 3. I don't know if I can do 90 days in a ROW, but that's my basic goal, maybe take a few days in between etc.

I love it too because you don't need a ton of room, it's short (30 mins including warm ups and cool downs), and you just need some little hand weights (or anything really, I've heard people used water bottles etc).
Thank you! I found some videos on YouTube.
I swear without YouTube, I'd be nothing lol.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Kotah BEAR

Need a jump start to your day?
When brushing your teeth do a 30 second wall sit and a minute worth of squats.
I started doing this 2 days ago because when I first get up in the morning I move like a snail.
So I get up, eat eggs or oatmeal for breakfast, and brush my teeth while doing squats. Gives me a kick start for the morning.
Just wanted to share if anyone else needs a kick start in the morning
Every little bit counts!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Down 30 pounds!!

Got a new heart rate monitor and decided to try it out. 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight. Maxed out at 157 BPM and averaged 126.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Down 30 pounds!!

Got a new heart rate monitor and decided to try it out. 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight. Maxed out at 157 BPM and averaged 126.
That is great Eddie!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Down 30 pounds!!

Wow, that's GREAT! I hope I can come on here soon and say I've lost 30lbs. Congrats!

Day 4 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (I took yesterday off due to female problems)... I got through all the push-ups this time w/o stopping (granted, doing them the 'easy' way like the one girl on the right in the video) but the first 2 times, I could barely get through any (even that way)! So I'm getting some strength for sure.

And I'm feeling GREAT... I have energy, and I even took the dogs (my dads dogs, too) for a 2 mile walk afterwards and don't feel like dying! After the first day, I couldn't even hardly sit, let alone walk... so the fact that I did the workout, walked, and honestly still feel like I could do more... I'm thrilled. I can't wait to see how I feel on day 30.

I've definitely changed my eating habits too since starting. I'm no longer just snacking on random things for no reason. Typically, on a rainy day like we had yesterday, I could've easily sat around all day just eating every hour, lol. I only ate when I was truly hungry, and I've been drinking a crap ton of water which is filling me up. I've also been tracking food again in MyFitnessPal.

What are some good breakfast ideas? I just did eggs yesterday and I did have 2 slices of bacon too. For dinner, I just had chicken breast with a bit of olive oil. Lunch was a smoothie. Snack after dinner was a bowl of plain cheerios. I bought some tilapia at the store that I'm going to make tonight or tomorrow. I just bought a meal plan from a personal trainer that i'm waiting on.

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-24-2013, 01:18 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

finished 20 minute turbo jam and 20 minutes of ab jam

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
finished 20 minute turbo jam and 20 minutes of ab jam
I'm gonna have to check those out.. are they DVDs or games?

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I'm gonna have to check those out.. are they DVDs or games?
they are DVD's the set is called Turbo Jam. There is also Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme with the same lady

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Thanks for the congrats and encouragement!

10 Minute Trainer Cardio followed by Yoga Flex tonight. Heart rate for the Cardio (which is actually 11:14 clock time) averaged 157. The yoga is nice to bring it back down then. Glad they are on the same disc.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Club Terrible - President

Aaand back up to 208.6. Ugh.