Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Honestly, not really. Our focus changes...once a year we go through a month or so of no agility at all to give the dogs a total mental and physical break but that's not really the same thing as it has a purpose...We end up forced to go through phases on some activities based on a season...we don't exactly get a lot of lake time this part of the year...but really the phases I go revolve more around how much I talk about it lol. Sometimes I'm gung-hu on getting lots of video, talking about every aspect of what's going on, etc...while other times I just do and don't really share outside of people I'm actually physically training along side. *shrug* not really sure why that is.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Sort of. I can only slack so much before Mia is impossible to live with.
Same here. Right now I am having a lot of fun with the things we are doing, anyway. Honestly, the hottest part of summer is my Killer of Dog Activities.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm All Ears

Mine too. 115 every day for a few weeks? Yeah we don't do much.

I do go through times I don't feel much like taking pictures and then months where I want to take pictures every outing.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Mine too. 115 every day for a few weeks? Yeah we don't do much.

I do go through times I don't feel much like taking pictures and then months where I want to take pictures every outing.
Yeah that's the thing, I can't seem to win. Jackson refuses to do much outside if it's above 85F. Unless it involves the pool! So I spend a lot of days at my dads in the summer, so he can swim all day long and get exhausted. Which is nice. But otherwise, we're screwed in the summer too.

So, really, spring and fall are the only time we get a LOT of outdoor exercise time and actually enjoy it, lol. I like winter and don't mind cold temps, but when it's so **** windy, it's just... ugh

Oh, and I go thru the picture phases too. Sometimes I take a bagillion within a few days. Then I'll go months.

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

The deepest part of winter, now, is a killer for me. The past two weeks, I've literally stayed outside no longer than I absolutely have to. Thankfully, DH doesn't mind the cold, and loves to take the dogs plowing with him and out squirrel hunting and everything, so they don't really take a hit. But, I've been majorly unmotivated to do anything with them.

I have Nosework on Thursdays and I normally try to practice at least three times a week. This past week I didn't practice at all, partially because I was gone for three days.

I just want Spring and hiking, and swimming, and lakes, and warm horseback rides, and kayaking, and WARM.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Top Dog

I go through phases with dog people/community more than dog things. I'm always interested in nutrition, training, fun tricks, walks, videos, and photography. But if I'm not active in any of those things, it's usually not a lack of interest... just a lack of time or desire to get involved in the community.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Show Dog

With things such as trick training and such? Absolutely. There were stretches of time where I would work on new tricks several times a day. Lately we've taken a break from tricks. I've also put off 2x2s because we were getting a little stuck and then snow came and it got cold and I just don't have the room to set up that many poles in the house. On a related it's-too-****-cold/slushy/icy out note, I haven't taken Pig biking in months and it's been a while since we've played frisbee.

I never slack off on classes though. I spend the whole week looking forward to agility class. Exercise is another one I can't put off. Well, Bear isn't really an issue, he's happy with whatever. Pig would be an unholy terror if she didn't have some sort of outlet to get her crazies out though.

My biggest thing is dog stuff phases. I might go on a spree and buy new collars, leashes, toys, coats, just so much crap that I really don't 'need'. Then I could go months without buying a thing, so it all balances out. At least that what I tell myself
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

I live eat and breathe dogs, and since I have a kennel full of dogs who depend on me for daily care, I don't really get the option of slacking off. As far as Cara goes, if I don't give her enough daily stimulation through training, off leash running, etc she's miserable to live with.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 02-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Top Dog

I spend 60 hours a week with people, stress and tough situations.

I love and enjoy every dog opportunity I get! I don't really have the time to keep up on the latest trends and fads, but that's what I'm here for I'm so thankful that Crossbone is such a needy, in your face dog that craves activity and being involved. It would be so easy to come home & collapse on the couch after a super long day and just veg if he wasn't here.

Sometimes I slack on the training and stuff and then I go through phases that I want him to know all the things and forget to practice stuff he knows. I'll go days in a row having him work for his food and other days its so much easier to dump the food in his bowl.

I am not wait for warmer weather, camping, hiking, outdoor agility, etc!!!!!!

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 02-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I don't, but my wallet does

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.