Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
I haven't. I don't really have spare cash kicking around for something I might do for a few days and find that it has the same effect, y'know?
Mayne check with your local library and see if they have any videos or maybe youtube

Or if you have comcast I know they have some on demand workout videos

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 PM
dogstrong

Thanks for the ideas, I'll check out the library next time I'm in town.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
I haven't. I don't really have spare cash kicking around for something I might do for a few days and find that it has the same effect, y'know?
Do you belong to a library? You could check with them and see if they have different DVDs to check out. I'm not sure if you also do Netflix or anything but I believe they also have workout DVDs. (ETA y'all posted while I was posting haha!)

I love Billy Blanks and all his Tai Bo videos! It's like Tanya said, it's super fun, punching and kicking to the music and stuff. There are also a bunch of dance-type DVDs out there where you learn dance routines and it's a workout. You might want to also search on YouTube for different Zumba routines. There is one girl I am thinking of who does good videos/routines, I can't remember the name but if you look up "pitbull hotel room zumba" you should find her. She doesn't walk you through the moves, it's just her and some of her students demonstrating, but the routines are pretty simple and repeat a lot so you can pick it up pretty easily!

I firmly believe everybody can find a workout they can enjoy, it just takes practice and trying new things. I think if you have bad memories associated with working out, you need to create new ones. Do you have any friends who would work out with you? Maybe grab a friend and go do this playground workout:
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012...round-workout/
And you're at a playground... you know... play. Have fun. =>

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-20-2013, 06:06 PM
dogstrong

Thank you for the ideas guys! Will definitely look further into them.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Been a rough week, but I think I have it under control again. Was away this weekend and didn't eat well and I managed to tweak my calf, so the exercise has been pretty much off all week (walking was painful much less working out). Felt good enough to try working out tonight so I did my cardio routine and the yoga. Felt good to get back in the saddle.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Kotah BEAR

Come hell or high water, Im running tomorrow. Freezing rain? Bring it on. 90 degrees with high humidity (unlikely)? Bring it on.

I am sick of being told I can't or won't make it into the military and I need to get my head out of the clouds, especially by family.
I will do this. I don't need negative people telling me I can't or won't.
You're just fueling my fire to drive myself further.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Top Dog

Did my second day of the 30 day shred. I woke up this AM and could NOT feel my legs. LOL... I was sore all over. It was a GOOD pain though. I actually felt like I'd accomplished something. I've never had a workout where I woke up with THAT much pain, so I'm taking that as a good sign. I really really really wanted to be like "oh I need to give my body a rest today"and believe me, I had those thoughts, but I pushed through day 2 today and I'm feeling proud of myself. It was so like me to have NOT done it today, but I DID.

Now that I did it 2 days in a row, I know I can do the remaining 28. And I could already tell between yesterday and today that I got a tiny bit stronger. Yesterday I had to stop and try and catch my breath a lot more. So I'm hoping by day 30, I'll see great improvements in my stamina. I want to take advantage of the classes they offer at my gym, but I kinda wanted to get myself at least a little bit more in shape before going in and embarrassing myself So my goal is after these 30 days with the JM DVD to take a class a few times a week. I'm also going to add in lots of walking (I really miss walking miles with Jackson, the weather has sucked). It looks like it's going to be a decent day on Monday, so we're definitely going to walk as long as possible, hopefully over 5 miles. Once the weather is better, my plan is to do this 5 mile loop a few times a week -- Jackson needs the exercise too.

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Did my second day of the 30 day shred. I woke up this AM and could NOT feel my legs. LOL... I was sore all over. It was a GOOD pain though. I actually felt like I'd accomplished something. I've never had a workout where I woke up with THAT much pain, so I'm taking that as a good sign. I really really really wanted to be like "oh I need to give my body a rest today"and believe me, I had those thoughts, but I pushed through day 2 today and I'm feeling proud of myself. It was so like me to have NOT done it today, but I DID.

Now that I did it 2 days in a row, I know I can do the remaining 28. And I could already tell between yesterday and today that I got a tiny bit stronger. Yesterday I had to stop and try and catch my breath a lot more. So I'm hoping by day 30, I'll see great improvements in my stamina. I want to take advantage of the classes they offer at my gym, but I kinda wanted to get myself at least a little bit more in shape before going in and embarrassing myself So my goal is after these 30 days with the JM DVD to take a class a few times a week. I'm also going to add in lots of walking (I really miss walking miles with Jackson, the weather has sucked). It looks like it's going to be a decent day on Monday, so we're definitely going to walk as long as possible, hopefully over 5 miles. Once the weather is better, my plan is to do this 5 mile loop a few times a week -- Jackson needs the exercise too.
I want to do this! What dvd do you use? Is there anyway I can watch it on YouTube?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
I want to do this! What dvd do you use? Is there anyway I can watch it on YouTube?
It's got rave reviews on amazon! I actually bought it on iTunes for $8 and I watch it from my ipad which I prop up on my dresser. I just move it down to the ground for the ab and floor exercises. But it is kicking my ***!!! It's awesome so far. And there is 3 levels. So you're supposed to stay on level 1 as long as you need, but aim to complete all 3 levels. I think what I am personally going to do is 30 days of level 1, 30 days of level 2, and 30 days of level 3. I don't know if I can do 90 days in a ROW, but that's my basic goal, maybe take a few days in between etc.

I love it too because you don't need a ton of room, it's short (30 mins including warm ups and cool downs), and you just need some little hand weights (or anything really, I've heard people used water bottles etc).

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

FYI, for anyone looking for an affordable workout at home that's fun....

Beachbody has "Hip Hop Abs" with Sean T (the instructor for 'Insanity") is on sle for only $19.95 for the program.

I already ordered mine. I've been wanting to do this for a while because I'm all about the dancey workouts (even though my idea of dancing includes thumbs up crazy arm movements... like Elaine from seinfeld lol)

you can join teambeachbody.com for free and forgive me for the shameless promotion but you can use my dearest friend and workout buddy as your coach at www.beachbodycoach.com/HARTNETTS9 and order there (just go to "get fit" at the top and then "fitness programs" and find Hip hop abs)

This price will not last long.

I can't WAAAAAAAIT to start mine

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney