Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-20-2013, 12:37 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I didn't bring a spoon for my yogurt.

This is catastrophic.

And it wouldn't have happened if I worked my normal hours today and got off at 2!
I've improvised by using the tinfoil top as a makeshift spoon before.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 02-20-2013, 12:41 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I might have to try this! Because I'm still hungry lol. Well see how this goes...

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

Heck, I just use my tongue and/or fingers
Old 02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Lol I am worse ... I have slurped it like a dog before when i was really hungry & desperate :/

Old 02-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
And not a vent, more like a worry, but...

Mike will be speaking with a recruiter in the next two or three weeks. I just...want it to work out. Whether that means he is accepted and gets the job he wants or isn't accepted, I want the best possible outcome for everyone involved, whatever that may be. Almost as important, I want closure. I need to know if he's enlisting or not, and if he is, when. Not knowing how to plan for our future is very annoying.

So...vibes!
I shall send you vibes, but when my brother enlisted it was a couple months before he found out what job he got and then a couple more months to actually get the job. And then a couple more months before he left. This was Air Force, but I think the process is similar in all the branches.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose;
And not a vent, more like a worry, but...

Mike will be speaking with a recruiter in the next two or three weeks. I just...want it to work out. Whether that means he is accepted and gets the job he wants or isn't accepted, I want the best possible outcome for everyone involved, whatever that may be. Almost as important, I want closure. I need to know if he's enlisting or not, and if he is, when. Not knowing how to plan for our future is very annoying.

So...vibes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I shall send you vibes, but when my brother enlisted it was a couple months before he found out what job he got and then a couple more months to actually get the job. And then a couple more months before he left. This was Air Force, but I think the process is similar in all the branches.
Yep, this. They can promise anything they want up front, but they still need to take their tests, get the results back, choose a "dream sheet" of jobs they qualify for, then they have to hear back about whatever job they actually get. And then they leave. It does happen over the course of several months, up to a year. And then they don't even know their duty station until a week before they leave tech school, and they don't know their tech school location until a week before BMT ends. We are AF, too.

Giving vibes, though! It's a hectic and stressing process when you don't know what is going on. More so when you want to plan EVERYTHING...like me. And you just can't.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Heading to work to withdraw any volunteer work I do to help work make money until the legaloties of the place are figured out. I'll be contacting Dominion (big main people) tonight, and the labour board on Monday if legalities are not worked out Saturday.

Sick of the bullshit.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Top Dog

I ordered a travel case, thinking I could totally fit all our toiletries and my makeup in just the case. Well, I CAN fit a LOT in the cases. But not everything.

Boo.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Yep, this. They can promise anything they want up front, but they still need to take their tests, get the results back, choose a "dream sheet" of jobs they qualify for, then they have to hear back about whatever job they actually get. And then they leave. It does happen over the course of several months, up to a year. And then they don't even know their duty station until a week before they leave tech school, and they don't know their tech school location until a week before BMT ends. We are AF, too.

Giving vibes, though! It's a hectic and stressing process when you don't know what is going on. More so when you want to plan EVERYTHING...like me. And you just can't.
The AF is the only branch I've heard of it taking this long. I've heard it happening in the Army but its been very rare compared to the AF. Marines are like "ok and your off! Go go go!" lol.

Nonetheless, good luck to your boyfriend and you, blackrose
Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Top Dog

I hate you sage and simply accounting...I hate you!