Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post

This all came up in relation to teaching a hold. If it's all about "to get the thing, you must give up the thing" then how do you use that to teach a hold? I say the dog knows the behavior, all you're doing is teaching new situations in which the behavior must still be done and rewarding for proper behavior.

anyway, I have to go work on a new formula. i've found a way to serve "liquid ice". I have to get this thing to market, it could literally be a life saver. In fact one could say it's necessary for one to survive. Watch for it, "liquid ice" will be coming to a store near you soon.
Yeah, I'm failing to understand how this would work for teaching a longer hold. I could see this effectively training the dog to spit the dumbbell out. Not hold it as they should.

But, I'm also not out to reinvent the wheel. I prefer Hunting Retriever methods because they work and work well.. People hear the word force in relation to retrieve and wig out. I have never seen a hunting retriever lose hold of something when they're trained with a good force fetch system.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.