Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Lucky for everyone involved the goat was heavily coated. Sloan grabbed, hung, the goat ran smack into a fence wall and drug Sloan and the shepherd ran up to smack her with a water bottle on the end of a PVC pipe, guess what that feels and sounds like to a schutzhund dog? Needless to say she stuck with the goat until Denis grabbed her and she released immediately when he did.

Backup had gone first and did so well I think Sloan (a puppy at the time) caught everyone off guard, I even have a video of it until the ramming of the fence where I dropped my camera and ran into the arena. The shepherd and crew hosting the HICs said, "I hate to tell you this but unfortunately I can't pass her this time." We just started laughing, ummm no ****? lol They did follow telling us many of the best stock dogs start this way but need a heavier level of control. Denis has no interest in trying again, she has a crazy high prey drive and that additionally is why we pulled her from Flyball, you can only watch your dog hunt down and tackle border collies so many times before you decide maybe they're better suited for individual sports.

Disclaimer, humorously Sloan is actually very dog friendly.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.