Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Nickname/Preferred name: Andrea

About your dog(s):
Chloe - 6 year old Collie/Aussie mix - lives with my parents, likely permanently
Cynder - 7 year old Lab/Spaniel mix - Mike's dog
Cooper - 3 year old Yorkie - lives with Mike, mostly "his dog"
Gracie - 4 year old Dachshund - lives with Mike, mostly "my dog"
FuturePuppy will be coming in June, if the stars align. He will be a Chesapeake.

Interests: dogs, animals in general, reading, video games (RPG), anime, other fun nerdy things

Favorite music: gothic symphony, I think is the genre. Intense music, good vocals.

Favorite book: How about favorite series? Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files and Kim Harrison's The Hollows.

Favorite quote: "Nothing's ever easy."

Random fact: I've been playing the piano since I was six years old and I LOVE it.

(I'm second from the left.)

Old 02-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

And, go!

Nickname/Preferred name: Allison

About your dog(s): Obi is my heart- he is a 6 year old, permanently incorrigible boxer mix. He drives me crazy but he has a heart of gold. He is a blood donor and he has been used for education in schools and has worked at a hospice program for kids who have lost a parent.

Buddy is my soul. She is a 13 year old pit type who embodies everything I've ever wanted in a dog. She is soul shine.

Both are adopted from the HS.

Interests: politics, BSL, HGTV, travel, my husband.

Favorite music: eclectic. Whatever makes me happy but my car radio is always tuned to CBC radio.

Favorite book: I like memoirs. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt is the first one that popped in to my head. But also Night by Elie Wiesel.

Favorite quote: (even though I'm agnostic)

People are often unreasonable, illogical,
and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, People may accuse you
of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some
false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,
people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone
could destroy overnight.
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,
people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis,
it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

Random fact: I met my husband in high school on a trip to Washington DC even though he only lived 20 minutes away and my mom used to work for his grandpa.

Put up pictures of yourself and your dogs of course!!

Me (in my current state)

Obi:

Buddy:
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Top Dog

Nickname/Preferred name: Taqroy or Taq

About your dog(s):
In order of acquisition
Murphy - an almost 10 (!!!) year old Bernese Mtn Dog/Basset mix. The easiest and fluffiest dog I will probably ever own.
Mu - an almost 4 year old ACD/Corgi mix. Random words that describe this dog: smart, evil, adorable, angry, lovey, hungry, and stark raving mad.
Tipper - 4-5 year old ACD/Corgi mix. Random words that describe this dog: barky, hilarious, awesome, cuddly, orange, weird, and barky.

Interests: Dogs, training, knitting, sewing, hiking, outdoors, camping
Favorite music: I have very random taste in music.
Favorite book: There's no way I could pick only one.
Random fact: I curse a lot. Like, really a lot. I tone it down in public but....yeah.

PICTURES!
My boys. <3

IMG_9690 by taqroy, on Flickr

My girls

Untitled by taqroy, on Flickr

And me and Matt on New Year's.

IMG_9167-EditB&amp;W by taqroy, on Flickr

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Top Dog

Nickname/Preferred name: Boston

About your dog(s):
Meg: Perfection in canine form. Rescued at a year from a high kill shelter, the kindest dog ever with humans, serenades every cat she sees, best snuggler on the planet, has her PDCH (agility championship) and basically gets whatever she wants at this point.

Gusto: My half BC/half alien puppy. Rescued, for the second and last time in his life, at about 5 weeks from an abandoned trailer. Is convinced the world exists for his pleasure and amusement. Believes that gravity is optional. Makes me laugh more than I ever though possible. Is madly in love with my horse. Slowly learning to be an agility star, when he isn't too busy eating pigeon poop or doing handstands on the jumps.

Interests: Dogs, especially agility and training. Dressage. Photography. Reading. That's about all the interests I can afford!
Favorite music: Broadway musicals, some newer folk-ish stuff (Avett Brothers especially), some fairly mainstream stuff (Coldplay, Snow Patrol) some country.
Favorite book: Good Omens, right now. Ask me tomorrow, it may be something else. Good Omens stays near the top anyway.
Random fact: I have six screws and 4 metal plates in my head.

I can't recall the last time I had a picture taken of myself. I'm usually the one holding the camera! Here's the kids though.

Gusto:

Meg:

Old 02-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Bored Now.

Nickname/Preferred name: Nolu. Noly. Nolusaurus. Saurus if I really like you.
About your dog(s): Middie is 7 years old and adorable. And not exactly the brightest crayon in the box.
Interests: Cars. Dogs. Photography. Diesel mechanics. Baking. GQ. Apartment Therapy.
Favorite music: Indielectronicapop. That is my new genre.
Favorite book: The Catswold Portal. Favorite recent books: A Song of Ice and Fire..
Random fact: I have officially adopted gin & tonic as my new drink of choice. I'M NOT EVEN THIRTY YET, PEOPLE.

My dog:

IMG_8329 by noludoru, on Flickr

Me (I only look like this for work):

NEWYEARS by noludoru, on Flickr

Both of us:

IMG_8377 by noludoru, on Flickr
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Lord Cynical

Nickname/Preferred name: Real name is Leah, people here call me Sizzle.
About your dog(s): Kaylee (Doberman, 5yrs) Jayne (Doberman, 3yrs) Revy (Pembroke Welsh Corgi, 3yrs) Tallahassee (Mexidog, 1yr) Poison (Doberman Pinscher, born 12-12-12)
Interests: dogs... photography. That's about it.
Favorite music: I listen to everything and anything. At home I usually have NPR's All Songs Condiered playing though.
Favorite book: Life of Pi
Favorite quote: "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." - The Little Prince
Random fact: I'm the only person under the age of 60 in my immediate AND extended family.

One of the only photos of me... I hate having my picture taken, unless I'm with a scary dog, of course.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

Nickname/Preferred name: Megan

About your dog(s):
Missy - 6 year old Rottweiler.
Jack - 5 year old Lhasa Apso.

I also have a cat, Sassy, and two parakeets, Oscar and Emmy. And a betta named Charlie Sheen.

Interests: Dogs, cats, animals in general, reading, music

Favorite Music: I'll listen to anything once. But country is definitely my favorite.

Favorite Book: I don't really have a favorite, it changes constantly. I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy, I really liked those.

Favorite Quote: "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Random Fact: I really, really hate having my picture taken and I'm not photogenic at all. So...the same picture that I used in the 2011 and 2012 threads...me and Jack my senior year of high school...

Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Kotah BEAR

Nolu - Your hair is SEXY! Love it <3
Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM
orange iguanas.

Nickname/Preferred name: Ally
About your dog(s): Juno: Almost-4-year-old Boxer.
Happy: 12ish year old keeshond? Border collie? Something? mix.
Lucy: 7 year old bichon/poodle mix
Pictures in my sig!
Interests: Sleeping, eating, shopping
Favorite music: I'll listen to just about anything, most commonly top 40 stuff just because it's convenient lol.
Favorite book: Er... The Hunger Games series, Harry Potter series, Divergent series.
Favorite quote: "It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart"
Random fact: I will literally squeal like a little girl if I see a spider.

Old photo! I don't usually make appearances though lol. I'm sure I'll have an updated one with Juno next month when it's her birthday

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-01-2013, 03:51 AM
Top Dog

Nickname/Preferred name: Grace

About your dog(s): Trent, 4 year old German Shepherd Dog. Awesome dog of everlasting patience, good humor, and all around incredible-ness.

Interests: Listening to music, shopping, clothes and shoes, watching movies, food, picture taking and photography.

Favorite music: Lana Del Rey, Ed Sheeran, Vienna Teng, Birdy, Bon Iver, Laura Veirs, Florence + The Machine, and Ludovico Einaudi (piano instrumentals). Like Fran, I also love film scores, especially the ones from How To Train Your Dragon, We Bought A Zoo (Jónsi and Sigur Ros), and Cloud Atlas (Tom Tykwer and Johnny Klimek). And I love, love, love listening to musical soundtracks from Les Misérables and Moulin Rouge!.

Favorite book: Merle's Door by Ted Kerasote, and The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.

Favorite quote:

That which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves.
— Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain.

Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Being alone is a neutral state; it is like a blind fish at the bottom of the ocean: without eyes, and therefore without judgement. That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me. The subjective nature of loneliness, which is something that exists in the mind, not in the world, and, like a virus, is unable to survive without a willing host.”
— Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain.

My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”
— John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.

Random fact: I used this last year, but I still can't ride a bicycle. I'm surprised that Oregon hasn't kicked me out yet!