Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM
PSD Partner

I think I will call and ask in the New Year.

We just got back from Nico's first immunization appointment. He is sound asleep right now. Anyway last time he was weighed and measured was on December 3rd. At that time he was 21.75 inchs and 11 lbs even. Today (December 27th) he is 23 inchs and 12.3 lbs. So he gained over 1 lbs in 24 days. He is doing wonderfully. He is healthy and strong. His next set of immunizations is scheduled for February 21. So almost 2 weeks prior to his surgery. Which should be plenty of time to get better prior to surgery.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
PSD Partner

Today is a busy day as we get ready to head to the Childrens hospital this week for Nico's check up. They will take more pictures to see how his cleft lip has changed as he has grown to be able to better assess things for his Surgery in March. Another 3 day trip. Since the Childrens Hospital is 3 hours away it is just too much to do it all in one day. Luckily we have some good friends in the city we always stay with. So we go up the day before the appointment, then the next day is the appointment which this time they said should only be about an hour. And then the next day we come home. Makes things a lot easier. Anyway can't give an update without providing pictures of our totally handsome little man.

These pictures are from this morning while I was pumping. He is playing in his exersaucer and having a ton of fun.

Hope you enjoyed
Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Top Dog

Good luck handsome! He's so big already!!!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 PM
:( only one :(

Best wishes to you all during Nico's journey. You sound very well prepared which is a huge in helping him go through this easiest possible. He's a beautiful baby!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
PSD Partner

Ugg had to post pone Nico's check up till the 20th of February. No worries though. It is just to take pictures and measurements to prepare for the surgery in March. So as long as we got in before March all is well.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
PSD Partner

Nico is 3 months old and we are leaving in 2 days for the Childrens Hospital for Nico's post op apointment. They will take measurements, photos and answer any questions we have about the operation in March. Nico has grown a ton since they last saw him in November. He is a very happy little dude, who loves to laugh and talk. I will update here when we get back, on what we learned and we will bring a camera as well. I am so glad we got some proffesional shots done of him. Canadian Baby photograpers where doing a free photo shoot in our home and got some beautiful pictures of Nico. When we get our package in April I will post them up too. I have talked to other moms who have been through this part of the cleft journey and they said to make sure to take tons of pictures because a part of us will miss his wide smile once it is gone. I can believe that. Anyway on to the best part. Nico pictures and a video at the bottom.

Our sleep little guy after a good feed.

Video of our little chatter box

Hope he brought as big a smile to your day as he does to ours
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Top Dog

He is so precious! I really enjoy watching him grow, he looks like so much fun.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Top Dog

That smile!!! It reaches all the way to his eyes! So handsome!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Top Dog

I went to school with a girl who had a cleft that looked very similar, you can't even tell now!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM
PSD Partner

Thanks guys. Yup he is one of those kids that when he is happy his whole face just beams. lol