Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 PM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I know of someone who sang to their dog for the entire duration of the loose leash walking. The dog was so weirded out it paid attention to her the whole time and passed.
Hahaha!! Too funny! Maybe I'll have to try that one!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM
treehugging clicker freak

What was the hardest part for your dog, if there was one?
The hardest part for Bailey was the reacting appropriately to distractions, rather I was really worried about it because she can be flighty. So we over-prepared for it, and it wasn't necessary. I was worried they'd open/drop an umbrella but they just dropped some dog bowls and she barely flicked an ear.

For Maddie I can't really think of one... Maybe the separation, but I knew she'd do fine

Did you pass or fail the first time you took it?
Both passed the first time. I waited to test Bailey, but looking back it probably wasn't necessary.

Do you complete the entire test if you fail one part, or does it end there?
There were two dogs there that I knew didn't pass a part, but they continued on. I think that's a good idea, so you know what needs to be worked on

Any helpful hints or suggestions?
Relax! I practiced and practiced and over-analyzed it so they were flawless.... And it soooooo wasn't necessary it's much more laid back than I expected. I wanted a perfect heel and eye contact through it, and other dogs passed much more loose and not as attentive as my two were lol

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Top Dog

My old girl, Tully, sang a sad song of woe during the supervised separation. (she wasn't my old girl then, she was not much more than a pup). She passed anyway, but she really shouldn't have, the tester was being over-lenient.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 PM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinsbt View Post
My old girl, Tully, sang a sad song of woe during the supervised separation. (she wasn't my old girl then, she was not much more than a pup). She passed anyway, but she really shouldn't have, the tester was being over-lenient.
Saxon lamented rather loudly during the separation, as well. The evaluator passed us for that part of the test, though. I think as long as they aren't pulling like crazy to get to you or aggressing at the evaluator, they will pass that part.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Top Dog

My dogs took it (and passed) in 2003.

I don't remember anything about it other than that they also got microchips that day, too!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
Saxon lamented rather loudly during the separation, as well. The evaluator passed us for that part of the test, though. I think as long as they aren't pulling like crazy to get to you or aggressing at the evaluator, they will pass that part.
Logan barked once or twice during that part because OMFG THERE'S ANOTHER COLLIE!!1!!11!1!!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post

What was the hardest part for your dog, if there was one?

Did you pass or fail the first time you took it?
Lo was going through a "reactive to big dogs" phase at the time we took it, so the hardest part for us was walking by big dogs without barking at them. (We took the test at Petsmart). We passed pretty easily, the only big dog she barked a little at was a puppy who had escaped his leash and was running around like a maniac, so the tester didn't count that against us.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Twin 1

The hardest part for Tempie was grooming....because she just had to slip in a kiss. The evaluator passed her anyhow, though. Boone didn't really have a hard time with any of it.

Both passed on the first attempt. The people that did Tempie's test were way more strict than the ones that did Boone's. I actually liked that better because I felt like it meant more, but they weren't vicious or anything. Like I said, they passed Tempie despite her slurping the evaluator's face.

Like Sael said, the only person that didn't finish was a woman during Tempie's test that had an aggressive dog. Other than that, if someone failed part of it, they just continued on to the next part to see how their dog did on that one.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 PM
rotties are my kryptonite

Zellie & Clyde both passed theirs on the first go 'round.

Clyde should not have passed the supervised separation, IMO, but he did so who am I to complain.

I became a CGC evaluator a few years ago, and I much less lenient than our trainer/evaluator was.
my delicate little flower