Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

Default Halo Dog Food

Does anyone have an opinion on this food? Hudson is about a week and half shy of 6 months and just crossed the 30 lb mark. He has always been a ...I don't want to say 'picky' because he will eventually eat it, but he has always been a finicky eater. The breeder was feeding one of the Purina Puppy Chow formulas when I picked him up and after giving him a few days to adjust I slowly started switching him over to Earthborn Holistics Puppy. He didn't seem too thrilled with the food. He would eat it, but mostly wasn't interested in it. Then I tried Fromm's Large Breed Puppy. Same result. He'll eat it but just doesn't seem happy with it. I got a small bag of TOTW puppy and a Nature's Variety Puppy (don't remember the exact formula on either). Same thing. he will eat them, but just isn't thrilled with it.

Anyway, back to my question, I have a bag of Halo...fish something or another for the cat. He likes the cat food well enough that I can mix it in with the other various training treats at home and he'll happily eat it. I think he also gets mad that the cat gets 'treats' for dinner and he just gets dog food. I was thinking that since he likes the cat's food, maybe he would also enjoy their dog food.

Maybe I'll have to resign myself to the fact that he is a 'eat to live' not a 'live to eat' type dog, but dang it I'll try every decent dog food on the market until then!

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/