Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
We were robbed this weekend.

My laptop and all my photo software and editing programs...gone.

TVs smashed or gone.

So much sad.
Oh no! I'm so sorry. Who smashes TVs? Wtf?

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I'm hungry. I'm in the library, have no money, and my stomach is growling very loudly! >_< We are down to our last bit of food, so one (small) meal per day it is! And of course the person next to me had to bring in soda, chips, and cold pizza slices! I have serious food envy right now. >_<
Old 02-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Top Dog

I was so excited to have a day off tomorrow. My last day off was 3 weeks ago. But alas, nobody was scheduled to take care of animals tomorrow (offices are closed, so full-time staff is out), and since I was the one that answered the phone and can't say no, I'm working tomorrow morning.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Top Dog

I'm gearing up for a horrid week. One tech's last day was Friday, two techs are at a conference, leaving four techs..two of whom are supposed to have half shifts..and a kennel person. They claim they made appointments "light", but since we take walk ins, that never pans out. This means we likely won't have any lunches on our 10 hour shifts. Ick.

Also, my day off got switched from Tuesday to Friday. A Friday off is great in theory, but it is my on call weekend, meaning as of 6 on Friday, I'm technically working.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM
such sights to show you

I have to pee, but all the dogs are sleeping and I don't want to cause a ruckus.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
I'm hungry. I'm in the library, have no money, and my stomach is growling very loudly! >_< We are down to our last bit of food, so one (small) meal per day it is! And of course the person next to me had to bring in soda, chips, and cold pizza slices! I have serious food envy right now. >_<
I have been there, I was so strapped for cash when I first went on my own that I had a choice of eating those big bags or the instant ramen noodles (the ones that are like 6 for a $1 or 2) i used to load up on those, enough to last two weeks ... thank god they make a bunch of flavors.

it was either that or my dog would have been eating Pedigree or some crap like that ... so I chose to make the sacrifice (due to her grain allergies) so she could eat well
Old 02-17-2013, 10:33 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
I'm gearing up for a horrid week. One tech's last day was Friday, two techs are at a conference, leaving four techs..two of whom are supposed to have half shifts..and a kennel person. They claim they made appointments "light", but since we take walk ins, that never pans out. This means we likely won't have any lunches on our 10 hour shifts. Ick.

Also, my day off got switched from Tuesday to Friday. A Friday off is great in theory, but it is my on call weekend, meaning as of 6 on Friday, I'm technically working.
Gosh sounds about similar to how works been for me! People at conferences, taking vacation days, people have half days, and then it's like geez... we only have 2 people working. The kennel assistant comes in some days to at least help at the front desk (we don't have an actual receptionist... techs just do it). And we do always get our lunches. But I will be happy when we get back to being fully staffed, and everyone is done with their days off.

Tomorrow could possibly suck too. Someone accidentally scheduled a surgery for tomorrow even though we don't have any time for it because we have appointments scheduled. It's for a spay of an almost 3 year old aggressive pittie. Possible pyo I think too? Funnnn. And we left the owner 3 messages that we need to reschedule and does she get back to us, noooo.... so I'm sure she's just going to show up and get all crabby. She was already upset about the high price, since her dog is not a smaller, easier to spay 6 month old puppy. Oh! And as far as we have on record, this dog hasn't had any vaccines since it was 10 weeks old. So I'm sure she'll love having to get those updated too!!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-17-2013, 11:50 PM
Top Dog

We're down a doctor as well( conference) yet the schedule the same amount of surgeries. So that ties one tech up for 4+ surgeries as well as one doctor, meaning the other techs have to take histories in rooms, help in back, run lab work, check in boarders and so on. We do have receptionists, though. We don't close for lunch, so sometimes when short handed we (techs)don't get lunches. One of the techs is not anesthesia trained, so she can't be the only one there..there has to be a trained person in case an emergency arrives.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:

TVs smashed or gone.

So much sad.
Oh no!! I'm so sorry. Everybody okay physically though? =< Horrible. (((((HUGS)))))

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-18-2013, 01:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

TVs smashed or gone.

So much sad.
Must have been in the air. I had my front door kicked in at 2 am this morning. Scary ****. I hope you and the pooches are all ok.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.