Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Default Barking

So this isn't for me, it's for my sister. Her new puppy, Fox (previously Phoenix), apparently has a barking issue and she wanted me to ask you guys for suggestions.

So Fox is a 10-12week (not sure exact age was, but it's young) smooth Collie. She basically barks for everything. She barks when she plays, though I think Bear (her other dog) has a big influence on that as Bear barks as a means of excited play. Fox barks at her toys when she is playing with them, or at other things she now consider toys because they are in her reach lol. She barks when she's happy or excited, and apparently she even barks in her sleep sometimes. LOL ^_^

I figured rewarding calm quiet behavior when playing, or teaching a quiet cue, but I have no other suggestions. Any suggestions?

My sister said the barking really doesn't bother her, the problem will be when she is in an appartment and she just wants to minimize barking as much as possible so the neighbors are not annoyed.

Thanks!