Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Top Dog

Me and the munchkin have our second agility trial tomorrow! We're entered in Snooker and Jumpers again. I'd enter Gamblers but the distance challenge makes me way too nervous.

Hoooping she's not quite as overwhelmed as she was for her first. It'll help a LOT when we get our permanent height card and don't have to be there at 7:30 am.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenoLo View Post
Me and the munchkin have our second agility trial tomorrow! We're entered in Snooker and Jumpers again. I'd enter Gamblers but the distance challenge makes me way too nervous.

Hoooping she's not quite as overwhelmed as she was for her first. It'll help a LOT when we get our permanent height card and don't have to be there at 7:30 am.
Good luck!

Here's a video of Recon at class the other night. I was struggling to find a place to sit my phone, so I only got one good video. Just a little pinwheel sequence.

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed...51301020617705

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Whoever suggested using a nose target to drive Backup away from me, thank you. It's not working yet but it is showing me a problem area that I can now address.

He's having trouble acting without seeing the reward (or rather my body because I can hide it in my pocket and still see the issue) so I think starting with this and then revisiting driving away from me through the poles (or jump) will show more progress than rewarding eye flicks because its not showing me any improvement yet.

Anyways, maybe I mentally combined some suggestions but thank you.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
They aren't even allowed in AKC much less required. It's madness. Instead they lowered the tire jump height 4" (so 24" jumping dogs have a 20" tired, 20" dogs have a 16" tire, etc.) which makes no logical sense especially from a safety standpoint.

And there you go! Breakaway tire comes to AKC. Now.

http://images.akc.org/pdf/events/agi...re_Feb2013.pdf

"The AKC Agility staff has finished reviewing the safety concerns posed by the Tire Jump used at
AKC agility trials. The AKC Board of Directors has approved the regulation allowing the use of a
break away tire for AKC agility trials.
Effective March 1, 2013, clubs holding AKC agility trials may use a break-away tire in place of the
standard tire jump. There will be a six month period (March 1 – September 3) during which clubs
may use either the standard solid tire or the break-away tire. Starting September 4, 2013 clubs are
required to use the break-away tire. During the optional use period of March 1 – September 3, 2013
it is recommended that clubs note in their premium if the break-away tire will be used at their trial.
During the optional use period if the tire breaks open it will not be judged as a mandatory
elimination “F”. Starting September 4, 2013 the tire will be judged if it is broken open as an “F”
which will result in a non-qualifying score “NQ"
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Great news!

We are off this weekend for Gusto's second trial. Super excited to get out and play again, especially with how well he's been running in practices. Meg gets to come along and run standard and snooker as well

Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinsbt View Post

"The AKC Agility staff has finished reviewing the safety concerns posed by the Tire Jump used at
AKC agility trials. The AKC Board of Directors has approved the regulation allowing the use of a
Effective March 1, 2013, clubs holding AKC agility trials may use a break-away tire in place of the
standard tire jump. There will be a six month period (March 1 – September 3) during which clubs
may use either the standard solid tire or the break-away tire. Starting September 4, 2013 clubs are
required to use the break-away tire. During the optional use period of March 1 – September 3, 2013
it is recommended that clubs note in their premium if the break-away tire will be used at their trial.
During the optional use period if the tire breaks open it will not be judged as a mandatory
elimination “F”. Starting September 4, 2013 the tire will be judged if it is broken open as an “F”
Yep, made a thread about it earlier today: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248047

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinsbt View Post

Yep, made a whole thread about it earlier today. Agility & Sports section.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Yep, made a whole thread about it earlier today. Agility & Sports section.

I saw that after I posted this! Decided to just leave my post anyway.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

Gusto got his first PI Standard Q tonight . So proud of him. It's his second real trial, and, while he was definitely slower than he is in training, he walked into the ring and did everything he knows. Start line, contacts, hit his weaves first try and stayed in them, and even did a rear cross into a tunnel (big for him - he's not a tunnel fan). It was his only class today - I'm hoping his speed will increase as he becomes more confident in the ring, but a good listening non-distracted baby dog is pretty darn good!

Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm All Ears

Weather has cancelled all my agility stuff for two weeks. Makes me sad. I'm hoping this week is still on.