Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Top Dog

Mine hates the Doppler too.

I have had such horrible heartburn, nausea and indigestion for the past few days that it's killed my appetite. I feel like my upper GI system is eroding. Which is perfect timing because I've agreed to dogsit my boss' wild standard poodle guide dog foster puppy for a week. What was I thinking?
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Top Dog

Said shark puppy:

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Top Dog

Could you just send that puppy to my house? Thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Bite Club

Sorry to hear about the indigestion. Hope it eases up for you! I never had more than a week or so of heartburn at a time and tums usually did the trick for me. I did have to avoid tomato based sauces and I still am until baby comes. That was my big trigger.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 02-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Could you just send that puppy to my house? Thanks
Certainly! Send me your address He comes with the energy of a border collie and the bite inhibition of a maligator. (are all spoos like this???). He should come with a Kevlar body suit. lol!

Jen, I shouldn't complain too much-- I've been able to survive by drinking a ton of milk when it gets bad and Tums when it gets really bad. It's only bad because due to work schedule, sometimes I end up eating dinner not long before going to bed and then I have to try to sleep sitting up. lol

Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Top Dog

Best place to get cloth diapers?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 AM
Taxiderpy

Do you know what style you want to use yet?

I used fitted cloth diapers with waterproof fabric covers for my daughter, and an assortment with my son.

Have to say, even though they're old fashioned, prefolds are amazing. They're really affordable, and when you put them on right they hold in an incredible amount of poo. Sam used his with wool soakers and it worked incredibly well. Definitely my favorite vs. the fitted ones. The only drawback is it makes their butt really big and a lot of modern baby clothes are made for a slimmer outline. My other favorites were some pocket diapers.

Anyway, I got my daughter's from my old boss. I raised all three of her kids in those diapers, and then they got passed on to my kids. It might sound grody to get them secondhand but washed and then sterilized out in the sunshine, they're totally nice and white and still have no stains on them. They're also incredibly soft now. lol.

They were lost in storage when my son was born so I bought a huge box of cloth diapers off craigslist. Some lady had bought a sample of every style you can possibly imagine for her son that had autism. He had sensory issues with clothes, and she went through a lot of diapers finding a brand and fabric he could stand to wear. So I got $650 worth of brand new cloth diapers, some unused and some used once, for only $100. It's definitely worth checking craigslist because some women get really enthusiastic about it and spend a lot of money on supplies, then decide it's not really working for them once the baby is born.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Top Dog

Old 02-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Bite Club

I got most of mine used as well. Much cheaper and they are usually very well taken care of.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 02-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Top Dog

Oh god... Now I'm not sure... I didn't know there were different kinds...

You're adorable Allison!

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb