Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I know this is like totally not what you are supposed to do but I as having almost the same problem when the mountain cedar reached 20,000 & my body totally went loony loopy on me :/ anyway a friend of mine have us some antibodics & in a day or two I was good as new.

I also doubled up on lysine, zinc & vita C (life savers IMO) if you aren't all ready taking those then do, it can't hurt. Plus lysine also helps prevent cold sores , when I am sick I usually get one but I started taking lysine when I first started to feel crummy & *knocks on wood* didn't get one this time.

My vent: I started my period today & it's a bad month :/, I feel like I M going to pass out & I am going thru a playtex ultra tampon every couple of hours right now :/ sigh ... At least it happened today & not tomorrow ... When we have horses entered in schooling races.
What can I get that has lysine in it? I've taken some zinc thanks to the medicine I've already taken.
I've also done my grandma's home remedy for head colds which is honey and cinnamon in hot tea. I HATE honey, like HATE HATE HATE. So that was brutal to me lol

Also I went to get some sutafed (sp? I cannot spell today for sh1t) and of course DG didn't have any and I have no way of going out of this little town to a bigger drug store.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 PM
such sights to show you

Nasal flushes are a godsend for sinus crap.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Top Dog

Every night, my mom says, "Let's watch Doctor Who."

Every night, one hour later, we're STILL not watching Doctor Who.

So then I go upstairs and watch some classic Doctor Who (upstairs in my room because my mom refuses to watch the classics, and I love them).

And every time, my mom whines that I'm always in my room and not downstairs watching Doctor Who with her.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:32 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

You just can go to Walmart & cruise the vita section, you have to look hard but it's usually in relative alphabetical order, it's just a straight lysine supplement.

Oh & the antibodic I was talking about was amoxicillin I think but it's by prescription only.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
You just can go to Walmart & cruise the vita section, you have to look hard but it's usually in relative alphabetical order, it's just a straight lysine supplement.

Oh & the antibodic I was talking about was amoxicillin I think but it's by prescription only.
Amoxicillin is amazing stuff but its gotta be a prescription.
I'll try and get to walmart tomorrow. No one is home to take me tonight and im in no shape to be driving.

Also about the nasal flushes, my nose isn't stopped up or runny, it just feels like I have a 50 lb brick on my face.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm All Ears

This isn't really a rant but my poor cousin is stuck on that cruise ship that had the fire. somehow I just found out about it. That cannot be fun.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Top Dog

I don't care what you thought about the test, and I'm not going to agree with you that he's a terrible professor when he's my favorite professor ever. QUIT MESSAGING ME ON FACEBOOK. You're annoying and whiny and I don't actually like you.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Top Dog

I don't quite get how you can kill your dog because you can't stand the thought of not spoiling it. And you go right to killing it before ANY sort of behavior modification training/medications. And you have a person absolutely willing and offering to come help, free of charge. It's a 10lb dog for gods sake, it's not going to get out and maul someone. You spend hours every week agonizing over the right foods to feed it, which treats this week, which toys..you are sobbing in my face, and you still back out of anything that inconveniences you. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm the first to say a homeless dog should probably be euthanized for aggression issues. I'm the first to say if you've tried behavior modification, spent time, and the dog is a danger to people, the dog should be euthanized. But this dog...does not need to be. Not before you've tried something, anything, other than 'wishing' and crossing your fingers.

I'm so steaming right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
This isn't really a rant but my poor cousin is stuck on that cruise ship that had the fire. somehow I just found out about it. That cannot be fun.
Yikes, scary . Hope he is ok.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm All Ears

Yeah she's fine, just ready to get into shore from what I hear. It was her first cruise ever and probably her last lol. Her brother's been keeping us informed, I haven't talked to her. 4000 people and no power for that many days plus people getting sick. Does not sound like a fun vacation.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Amoxicillin is amazing stuff but its gotta be a prescription.
I'll try and get to walmart tomorrow. No one is home to take me tonight and im in no shape to be driving.

Also about the nasal flushes, my nose isn't stopped up or runny, it just feels like I have a 50 lb brick on my face.
Yeah a friend of ours had a prescription for it lol & he gave us some & told me to take it til they were gone lol, the browsing the vita section comment was About the lysine .

Also a good B complex vite will also help.