Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
One dog was tailed. It was a rough faced fawn, I can't recall the number. I think there were at least three with natural ears. 2 smooth faced. I really loved the first one- so bouncy and full of it.
Jaeger I know for sure showed and is natural ears and tail. He is a litter mate to Sunny Bear who was BOB (don't know the number but if you check the site, he also has Bear in his name). There is an effort to have variety seen at the big shows, so there's usually at least one SF entered and often some natural dogs too
Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
Jaeger I know for sure showed and is natural ears and tail. He is a litter mate to Sunny Bear who was BOB (don't know the number but if you check the site, he also has Bear in his name). There is an effort to have variety seen at the big shows, so there's usually at least one SF entered and often some natural dogs too
That must be the dog I saw that was all natural. I think it's a good thing they're trying to keep judges used to seeing a variety of dogs in the ring. Also am very glad there's some other breeders starting to leave their dogs all natural too. There was the blue smooth faced bitch and then a little fawn smooth face. That dog seemed pretty nervous/flighty.

I got called away from my desk right as they chose the winners. I liked the very first dog in the lineup, which was Sunny Bear. He was a hoot.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upendi&Mina View Post
Chyna picked up a herding title last fall, and for eight I think she's in pretty great shape. Then again maybe I'm biased because she's currently napping downstairs. To each their own I suppose, I'm happy she was pulled in group as well, a great retirement show for her.
Nevermind.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
So considering Jaeger (Golden Bear I assume by your description) is from the same breeder and is possible from a repeat breeding of the same pair (or same litter? the entry list has them with different birth dates but nearly a year but the registration numbers seem to indicate they are actually from the same litter...in either case, same parents) why was one docked and the other left natural? Do they pick pups at birth? Is there any rhyme or reason to some pups being cropped/docked and other left natural (or some combination thereof)?

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

Sunny Bear is a very fun dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
So considering Jaeger (Golden Bear I assume by your description) is from the same breeder and is possible from a repeat breeding of the same pair (or same litter? the entry list has them with different birth dates but nearly a year but the registration numbers seem to indicate they are actually from the same litter...in either case, same parents) why was one docked and the other left natural? Do they pick pups at birth? Is there any rhyme or reason to some pups being cropped/docked and other left natural (or some combination thereof)?
They are littermates, the date must be wrong on the site. They're from the same breeder as Savvy. Savvy's brother was docked/cropped. That is not at all uncommon for that breeder - to crop/dock some and leave some natural. Since they are all equally correct per the standard it is less of a big deal than in some other breeds, unless the set is really poor. Dogs who's ears get wonky can be cropped later if someone prefers because its such a simple crop.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:14 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
They're from the same breeder as Savvy. Savvy's brother was docked/cropped. That is not at all uncommon for that breeder - to crop/dock some and leave some natural. Since they are all equally correct per the standard it is less of a big deal than in some other breeds, unless the set is really poor. Dogs who's ears get wonky can be cropped later if someone prefers because its such a simple crop.
Yeah I get that all the options are correct per breed standard, I was just wondering if there's any particular reason she chooses to dock certain individuals and not others or if it's just random, considering that is normally done shortly after birth.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Twin 2.0

WTF was going on with the Rottie's head...did he have balloons behind his eyes??
Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 PM
SBT Lover!!

I really liked that Glenn of Imaal, she's a really good looking dog!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 PM
SBT Lover!!

That minibull was too cute!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Did it waddle with obesity? BTs take fat show dog to an exceptional level often, it's be nice to see elsewise.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.