Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I said low and tip tucked. I have a dog who doesn't enjoy being touched, I still don't like seeing a tucked tail nor a low unsure tail. I'm not convinced some of those were merely correct tail settings, I've read the standard and my statement was based on temperament not structure. Like I said, some were nice looking dogs but some disappointed me, it's not an unfair critique, I'm sure they would slaughter my gay tailed donkey eared werkin dawgs.
That's why I asked if you meant tucked when you said low I can't really comment on the entry because I can't get the videos to work for me. I missed all the Belgians in group last night too. Gay tails are fairly common in the Belgians, Jagger is very proud of his
Old 02-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Glutton for Crazy

We watched it at work and while my coworker (with a show/French line mal) and I disagreed on excessive substance being ideal we both agreed that many looked to lead towards fear as opposed to caution. We weren't impressed with the feet and the fronts but they had some great rears and heads. There was one old tank of a male that we liked a lot, he was almost a vet and I think he may have won male, I would have to double check though, we were popping in and out of daytraining to watch it on the computer.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

I really liked the aussie bitch that went BOB, and of course I was ecstatic that Chyna took breed in GSDs.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 02-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

I wasn't impressed with the GSDs at all. Herding breed people, herding breed. No way those dogs could herd well. Plus, the flat feet and low loose pasterns we're atrocious. Not to mention the way they moved. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I watched the PyrShep stream after the fact -- were all the dogs docked? I was surpised to see what looked like a couple smooth faces amongst them but then couldn't find a tail anywhere.

Granted I think 9 of the 10 dogs were from the same breeder
One dog was tailed. It was a rough faced fawn, I can't recall the number. I think there were at least three with natural ears. 2 smooth faced. I really loved the first one- so bouncy and full of it.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
I wasn't impressed with the GSDs at all. Herding breed people, herding breed. No way those dogs could herd well. Plus, the flat feet and low loose pasterns we're atrocious. Not to mention the way they moved. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
Chyna picked up a herding title last fall, and for eight I think she's in pretty great shape. Then again maybe I'm biased because she's currently napping downstairs. To each their own I suppose, I'm happy she was pulled in group as well, a great retirement show for her.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
One dog was tailed. It was a rough faced fawn, I can't recall the number. I think there were at least three with natural ears. 2 smooth faced. I really loved the first one- so bouncy and full of it.
I was watching it on a very tiny screen with poor resolution and it was stopping and starting to boot so didn't even want to guess on ears . I'll have to look again once the show is over and (hopefully) the streaming video actually streams instead of hiccups.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Top Dog

I know the breeder of the Mastiff BOB winner. Fantastic breeder, awesome dogs, but that particular one was sadly grossly overweight.

Not a huge fan of the Sibe's breeder, but at the very least they produce moderate dogs, so I'm not too torn up about the results.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I was watching it on a very tiny screen with poor resolution and it was stopping and starting to boot so didn't even want to guess on ears . I'll have to look again once the show is over and (hopefully) the streaming video actually streams instead of hiccups.
I didn't catch the tailed dog until pretty late in the breed judging. Must've had it down for quite a bit of it.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Top Dog

I've been watching...I quite like that Foxhound that won group. Drool. The ACD wasn't too bad this year, though my opinion of a 'nice' ACD is different from the standard.

I must be getting really critical in my old age .. the more I watch conformation events, the more bothered I am by them. I won't be a total downer in this thread though (maybe we need a conformation thread).