Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie was just over 2.5 years old for agility. He was definitely ready at that point though I didn't believe it. He was just over a year old when we started training with weekly-ish classes (I took some time off there and again because I was still in college taking night classes at the time.) I THINK he was four for rally - his first rally trial was on his birthday and I'm pretty sure it was when he turned four rather than when he turned three. He was five at his first obedience trial.

Payton will be two May 16th; so far he had a disastrous debut in rally when he was 14 months old, got his CGC a few months ago with pretty much zero incidence (on Auggie's birthday in fact), but he has not played anything else yet. Dock Dogs will hopefully be sometimes this summer and I'm hoping agility in the fall, but I'm very very cautious and won't start him in agility until I know he's ready.

Georgie will be two at the end of July, July 25th I think, and she hasn't done anything yet and who knows when she will be ready - she is further behind than Payton.

Pepper is four and has yet to do anything. Poor girly. I'm not sure if she'll ever do anything besides be a snuggle-lump though so I don't care.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog