Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Top Dog

If Josh takes any medication, it could be that you're allergic to that or a chemical reaction it has that effects his sperm.

Personal question (you don't even have to answer it, but something to consider), is Josh uncircumcised? It's uncommon, but I have heard one woman say that she got frequent yeast infections from being with her uncircumcised husband (and never had that issue with an uncircumcised man).

Also, didn't you frequently change your diet pretty drastically? That could have an effect, but probably more of something your body needs to get used to than an actual problem with the diet.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Behavior Nerd

To MM's point - men and women CAN exchange yeast infections back and forth (and regardless of the circumcision status of the man). If you have a yeast infection, you may want to talk to the doctor about meds for Josh as well.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
If Josh takes any medication, it could be that you're allergic to that or a chemical reaction it has that effects his sperm.

Personal question (you don't even have to answer it, but something to consider), is Josh uncircumcised? It's uncommon, but I have heard one woman say that she got frequent yeast infections from being with her uncircumcised husband (and never had that issue with an uncircumcised man).

Also, didn't you frequently change your diet pretty drastically? That could have an effect, but probably more of something your body needs to get used to than an actual problem with the diet.
The only medication he takes is levothyroxine which he takes daily for a thyroid condition. He also is circumcised.

The change in my diet is something a friend of mine mentioned to me as well. I didn't gradually switch to paleo... I literally went 100% paleo cold turkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
That sounds like ring worm/athletes foot/jock itch to me. If not a yeast infection.
oh god I hope not ring worm.... that would give me the heebie jeebies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Just in case it is a yeast infection: cranberry juice. Drink it.
I love cranberry juice and can definitely drink some just in case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
To MM's point - men and women CAN exchange yeast infections back and forth (and regardless of the circumcision status of the man). If you have a yeast infection, you may want to talk to the doctor about meds for Josh as well.
oh definitely. I'm keeping Josh in the loop on everything. He hasn't noticed any pain or anything abnormal in his department, but I told him to let me know if he notices anything at all and I will definitely ask the dr about meds for him if it is a yeast infection.

I'm home today now. Started my period two days ago and of course it would be a super heavy one when I already have issues going on. I used to get really bad ones when I was a kid and would end up in the hospital for the first couple days. I'm anemic so when I have heavy periods I get really dizzy, shakey and in today's case, I pass out. I was supposed to work today, but now I'm staying home because Josh said he doesn't want me driving at ALL right now if I'm shaking and passing out. My landlord's wife is here and she told me to call her if I need anything and if I need her to take me to the hospital if it starts to feel really bad then she will take me. Laying in bed with the dogs and took some iron this morning as well as took some cayenne pills to help slow the flow and i'm taking shepherd's purse extract every hour or so which is supposed to help as well.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Ring worm is just a fungal infection, it's actually easy to treat. I say that because an entire fraternity back at school had it, they spread it by touching their junk and door knobs, shaking hands, so forth. It looks like red, puffy, sometimes dry skin, and can itch but is mostly a burning sore feeling. It's easy to spread and easy to treat.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Top Dog

The wrestling team in high school ALWAYS had ring worm, all of them.

It's way less skeevy than the name implies. I don't think it's any "grosser" than a yeast infection.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Top Dog

Wrestlers do get ringworm a lot, with all of the body contact. I've never seen it cause puffy skin, but to be fair, I've never seen it in a delicate area before. I would guess some sort of yeast issue if you've not changed detergents or something.

Hope you can get in to see someone tomorrow and get the issue cleared up!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

I'm pretty sure cranberry juice can help for UTI, but it's no help for yeast infections
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm pretty sure cranberry juice can help for UTI, but it's no help for yeast infections
That's what I thought too.

I would say treat it like a yeast infection (if you can't afford or don't want to go to a doc in my case it would be both) I think one of the yeast infection treatment kits has a tester thinger that will tell you what you have. You could try that.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

Actually...on the Paleo subject. Have you cheated recently and had something very sugary or carb-y? That can often set off the balance and cause yeast infections. Or nuts. When I went Atkins, I felt great for a few weeks. Tried to go into the next phase of adding nuts...and...uh, my body didn't react well to that.

Cranberry juice doesn't help with yeast infections or UTIs, unfortunately. And all the sugar in cranberry juice these days is probably more likely to cause more problems.

Hope you get it all figured out soon! You sound like you're having a pretty horrible week.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Cranberry helps, its a diuretic, you just need to buy real juice.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.