Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Top Dog

Oh dear!
Lots of vibes heading your way.
I hope everything is okay.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Top Dog

I hope he's doing okay, not knowing what's happening must be terrifying for you.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Love my pets

Any updates? I hope Art is okay.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Top Dog

I totally missed this yesterday! I hope Art is doing better!

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

How is Art?

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

Hope everything's alright!

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 02-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Updates? Please tell us that everything is okay!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Thanks everyone for all the good thoughts! Let me first say Art and Talon are both home and doing better! I'm really sorry to keep you guys waiting, it's been really hectic between Art, Talon, and mid-terms. Plus I don't have internet at home.

Well, so Art spent the night at the vet's getting IV fluids as he was severly dehydrated despite our best attempts at hydrating him. Apparently after I went to school Art just layed there and wouldn't get up. He was pretty lethargic and even though David tempted him with chicken he refused it. Also, david said he was acting really strange. He said he was almost having a mini seizure. The way he described it was like he'd suddenly just twitch/freak out but only for a second and then he'd be fine. That's the main reason David rushed to the vet's.

They got him on fluids because was very dehydrated, did some tests to make sure all his organs where functioning well and they are. They think it was a case of poisoning, but there is nothing in the house that he could of gotten into (nothing is broken or opened in any way) and he is always on leash outside. It's possible he picked up something outside, but he really doesn't munch on random things on the ground much, he's a bit finicky. So they gave him charcoal and monitered him overnight and he's doing much better. He's been on a bland diet and will be until he's 100% again.

To make matters worse Talon started showing the same signs as Artimis. Talon also vomitted twice, which is why I think his symptoms weren't nearly as bad as Art. Obviously he went directly to the vet's as well. Again, lots of tests vet concluded it was poisoning. He also stayed overnight at the vet's just to be sure.

Both dogs are home and doing well. Art is almost 100% better, but Talon is taking a while to recover fully. He still has a tiny bit of mushy poo every once in a while, but it's not consistent and is getting better.

So that was pretty much our adventure.

Ok, so I have this really really stupid question to ask. Does anyone know if dogs can be poisoned by inhaling weed? I honestly think this may have caused/attributed to their illness. I don't smoke, neither does anyone in the house, but the apartment that shares a vent does and our fan is broken so it fills the bathroom and bedroom if the bathroom door is left open. It get's really bad, so bad you can't step a single foot into the room without getting woozy So i'm wondering if it can poison a dog? I brought it up to my vet and he seems to think it's super unlikely, but IDK.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I'd think its unlikely. Considering the amount of people in my neighbourhood that smoke week heavily and have dogs, and the amount of stories you hear of people purposely trying to get their dogs high..

Glad they're doing better!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Behavior Nerd

So glad they are both on the mend after such a scary event!!

As far as pot goes, I'm not sure, but Snipe was smoked around extensively before we got her - she smelled so strongly of pot it took 3 baths to get the odor out of her coat - and she had no issues with tummy upset or anything like you describe.

Have you talked to the landlord about your neighbor/vent issue? Hopefully you don't have to take drug tests for work or something! It sounds like they must be veritable chimneys!