Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Default 6 & 7/52 week Technical and Conceptual photography Challenge

This week we have two challenges. Both involved conceptual but one is a true technical challenge.

Your challenges this week are:

Abstract

and

Food Photography

First, Abstract. (http://photo.tutsplus.com/articles/i...t-photographs/)
Quote:
Abstract photography is not about abiding by the rules. In fact, itís the ideal opportunity to break the rules. When approaching a subject, ensure you spend time with it and assess how you want to represent it and itís surroundings within your image.

Approach it from angles, move your feet, bend your knees, look up, look down, look for patterns and correlating colors. Itís all about how you as a photographer perceive what is in front of you and then looking to represent it as you see it.

My favorite aspects of shooting abstract shots is the moment when someone looks at an image and says ďI really like it, but what is it?Ē That means Iíve engaged the viewer visually and the image has caught their eye and made them think and challenged their perceptions of what a photograph can represent. But it also shows me that there is a difference between how I viewed the subject matter at the time and how they view the subject matter, which is an intriguing personal insight.
Again, you may or may not use your dogs in this challenge.

Next, a non-dog (maybe?) shot. Food photography. This one is hard and a bonus of sorts since we lost a week. If this one is a struggle in the same week push it out and come back but keep trying. The ability to properly light and shoot food is a true skill and sign of an educated eye.

Here are two links assisting in working on this challenge.
http://www.pixiq.com/article/food-photo-tricks
http://www.foodportfolio.com/blog/fo...hotgraphy.html

When you are finished you'll post the final product here. You'll post two final images.

Have fun and I can't wait to see what you come up with!!
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.