Eukanuba naturals?

I was surprised to see something new at the shelves were I live.

They had the eukanuba naturals lamb, at least is good to see something different a tiny step of what is available here, if this success maybe they can bring the good dog food brands here.

Also some of the breed specific food this one somewhat less expensive that the RC stuff that is very expensive, for example a 4kg bag of rc french bulldog goes for $44 :eek:

I was surprised to see something new at the shelves were I live.

They had the eukanuba naturals lamb, at least is good to see something different a tiny step of what is available here, if this success maybe they can bring the good dog food brands here.

Also some of the breed specific food this one somewhat less expensive that the RC stuff that is very expensive, for example a 4kg bag of rc french bulldog goes for $44 :eek:

Hello Sapphire-Light
I assume you’re referring to the Natural Lamb and Rice formula.
Don’t get excited whatsoever about this stuff, it’s terrible.

Four of the first six ingredients are grains and if that’s not bad enough there’s fish meal which has a high probability of containing ethoxyquin, a carcinogen.... plus there’s junk like egg product and beet pulp.

And don’t be fooled by lamb as the first ingredient... lamb is 72.9% water and once evaporated from the heat of extrusion there’s so little meat that it moves to probably the sixth ingredient with grains being the overwhelming ingredients... not good.

Main ingredients: Lamb, Brewers Rice, Oat Flour, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken Meal, Ground Whole Grain Barley, Fish Meal , Chicken Fat, Dried Egg Product, Dried Beet Pulp.

Breed specific foods are a huge rip-off... carnivores don’t eat different foods.
RC’s marketing dept. has fooled uninformed pet owners over the years and charging ridiculous prices.
Plus their ingredients are horrible.

They actually have a “food†marketed for Poodles containing dangerous junk like corn gluten meal, brown rice, barley, oatmeal, soy protein isolate, powdered cellulose and dried beet pulp...

Here’s the main ingredient list for the French Bulldog... each one of these ingredients are to be avoided and there’s not ONE ounce of meat in this garbage... really good for a carnivore...!
Rice, dehydrated poultry protein, vegetable protein isolate, wheat, animal fats, hydrolyzed animal proteins, beet pulp, minerals, dehydrated pork protein, soya oil, fish oil,

Where are you that you can’t get decent pet foods?
A balanced raw meat diet is always best.

Best regards,
Roger Biduk

Thank you Roger!

It did concerned me the small portion of meat in that lamb food, it was nice to see something new however.

Why is egg product bad?

Agree wit you that the breed specific is just a gimmick, at least the eukanuba has named meats unlike the RC we get is made for latin america and it doesn't mention the type of animal were the meat came.

I remember that I got some samples of the poodle formula along wit other at the petshop, and Pompadour turned his nose in it, lol.

As for your your question in my location I live in Honduras that is in central america, based in the ratings of the website of dog food advisor the best kibble brands we have is from the midwenster farms.

At some stores they carry the propac and the sportmix, however some months ago I had to change vet since the previous one had some problems wit his time attending clients so I went to another vet.

I was surprised that this vet promoted earthbond holistic foods as long as I know she is the only one to sell a top quality kibble like the ones at dogfood advisor wit 5 stars.

The only problem is that they don't have it available all the time and wen they do they only has the 50 or 30 pounds bags and since I have a single toy poodle (7 pounds) that's too mush food for him to eat before it gets rancid.

So I asked if they could get me one of the small bags I got the costal catch in the first time, my boy licked it but he had difficulties chewing the large kibble pieces.

But yesterday I got a call that they have now small bags of primitive natural that's the one wit turkey right?

Ah and my poodle is now in propac mini chuck mixed wit home coocked meat, he also get some raw meals wit 9 hour difference from the kibble ones as he gets two meals a day.

OMG Just saw the ingredients in the french bulldog food, wow and they ask so mush money for that!! :eek:

They mention the "animal and poultry proteins" so that means they just ripped the protein off from the meat (like those protein shakes for human bodybuilders? ) and no real meat is in there?

crazedACD

Agree wit you that the breed specific is just a gimmick, at least the eukanuba has named meats unlike the RC we get is made for latin america and it doesn't mention the type of animal were the meat came.
Royal Canin is one of those foods that 'looks' like it knows what it's doing, haha, but really doesn't.

Earthborn does have a Small Breed formula. It's not grain free but still a good food IMO. As far as I can remember Primitive Natural has a rather large, disc shape.

Barb04

Super Moderator
That's interesting that Earthborn Holistic uses different ingredients in the US versus overseas.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
That's interesting that Earthborn Holistic uses different ingredients in the US versus overseas.
Its possible that they dont, but different labeling systems means things need to be named and labeled differently...

but then again, many many things that the usa uses are outright BANNED in the rest of the world. go usa! we're number 1! /sarc

Yeah, and the odd thing is that in the label says is made in the US, but the formula is a bit different.

Is confusing in the back of the bag it has a description in the food and it says it has turkey in it, but when you read the ingredient list it doesn't have the turkey only chicken meal and whitefish meal :confused:

Here's a pic I took from the back of the bag you can zoom it http://www.flickr.com/photos/88957647@N06/8499669096/in/photostream/

Here's the US formula http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood.com/us/dog_formulas/primitive_natural/

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.