Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Puppy Dog

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrofford View Post
ALL commercial dog food is bad for your dog! Nutro is one of the worst! There are some organic foods that are good, but they cost an arm and a leg! The truth about commercial dog food is the pet food companies are cutting corners and putting things into it that can kill your dog.

There may be a lot of people who disagree with me here, but I've been doing my research. Just because the package says it's good for your dog doesn't mean anything. Even the AAFCO standards and guidelines can be very misleading.

The best food to feed your dog is a home cooked diet. Yeah I know they say that the dog won't get the proper nutrients blah blah blah, but before there was even commercial dog food, dogs were eating table scraps and food from the local butcher shop. I'm not a real believer in RAW diets, but home cooked is fine.
Hello scrofford,

You're right about most of the commercial food out there.
But you should believe in raw meat diets because before there was table scraps there was raw food.
A species-appropriate diet is naturally always best.

Home cooked isn't fine because as soon as the temperature of meat goes over 115 degrees enzymes, amino acids and nutrients in general start to get destroyed.

A balanced, enzyme-rich raw meat diet is best (homemade, bought frozen or freeze-dried).