Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Top Dog

No, not really

Old 02-09-2013, 03:28 PM
such sights to show you

I believe what you have there is a simple cat.

Pip and Maisy sorta kinda get them...
Pip practices "you don't bug me, I don't bug you" with them.
Maisy doesn't generally seek them out but tolerates when they want to snuggle with her.

Squash wants to play with them and this mostly means paw their heads and nose butt them. In other words, he doesn't get them AT ALL.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:09 AM
APBT crazy!

Buster.. for a coonhound knows what they are and is decent with them. He grew up with Miagi when they were both little and they still to this day love each other. He likes Tiger but will bark at him sometimes. He does not like Angel since she hissed at him from day one when she was a kitten so he will bark at her too. Miagi is his buddy!

Rudy is scared of the cats.. he used to play with Angel when he was a kitten but doesn't any more.

Dixie is ok with the cats but likes to chase them. She knows they are not to be messed with, I tell her to stop and she does stop and go back to whatever she was doing before chasing the cats. She likes to chase Tiger especially. He whacks her in the nose from time to time and she doesn't get amped up she just squeals and runs to us.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Squishy face

Miles, my roommate's pomeranian, loves cats. We think that sometimes he thinks he IS a cat. He likes to play with cats. And sometimes he would curl up on the back of the couch like cats do, and we would say that he was "catting". Miles is a dogcat.

Daisy doesn't care if they exist or not, outside she'll chase them. When he was alive, Benji hated cats and wanted to kill them. Rocky was ok when we got him, but Petey (BIG cat my parents own) hates little dogs because of Benji and kept attacking Rocky and now Rocky hates him. I'm not sure what Rocky would do if he was around a different cat.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Allons-y!

Yeah, they do. Our cat (who is now 19) has gotten more and more tolerant of dogs as we bring more into the house. He and my first dog, Danny, did not get along very well and mostly avoided each other. He and Cricket tolerate each other; I don't think they're best buddies but they get along all right. He really likes Journey and especially Newton - they'll cuddle, and Newton and the cat will actually wrestle with each other. Newton really loves his kitty.

They have been fine with friends' cats they've met, but stray/loose cats are another story. They go nuts when there's a strange cat outside, and if they saw one running away, I don't think they would make the differentiation between prey and pet.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!