View Poll Results: Do You Recycle?
Yes, everything I can 25 67.57%
No 5 13.51%
Sometimes 7 18.92%
Dirt Pudding 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 AM
aka RedHotBabe

We're provided with a trash bin and a recycling bin. If you use the bins they provide, you don't pay for service. The trash bin is easily half the size of the recycling, so while they aren't forcing you to recycle, everything is not going to fit into the trash bin. We've recycled for as long as I can remember, so it's not that big of a deal. In Montgomery County there's a bag tax. So you either bring your own bag or pay for each one you use.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaJD View Post
The guys that pick up our recycle stuff just throw anything that can't be recycled out of your recycle barrels on your lawn. They won't take pizza boxes, styrofoam or plastic bags.
Well, very few places take styrofoam and plastic bags can usually be recycled at the grocery store or Walmart, but, throwing the stuff on your lawn???

I'd be taking photos (or a video if you can catch them in the act) and sending them to the local news stations, and probably the cops - isn't littering illegal?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
O_o they don't take pizza boxes linda? I would assume we are talking card board containers?

They throw rejected items all over your lawn? Oh that company needs a reminder of who pays their wages.....and the towns folk should remind!
Nope, no pizza boxes are allowed, No containers that are from take out either. I know people have called and complained to the company and the town and have gotten no where. I used to just burn the pizza boxes in my fireplace but now we have gas logs in there. So now we cut them up small and put them in the trash. Makes me hate to order pizza now which can be a good thing.

I hate that we are so limited on trash space, used to be able to throw just about anything out. Now if we buy a new lamp, the old one takes up so much space in our trash, so we end up having to dismantle it as much as we can. We can call for a bulk pick up but can only throw away 3 things at a time, so buying say like new patio furniture, it takes 3 weeks to get rid of the old stuff. They closed our town dump years ago and I am glad they did, just remembering the stuff that used to get tossed in there in the 60's and 70's makes me cringe, so glad I don't live close by to that site.
I don't mind recycling, just wish our recyclers weren't so picky. I do recycle what I can.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Top Dog

Pizza boxes used to be no here to because of the grease, cheese, etc. They take them now though
Old 02-10-2013, 10:25 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

We recycle bottles and cans. Most everything else goes to the trash. Our area has clean burning incinerators where they burn trash for energy

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
In Germany they basically force you to use your own bags. Plastic or Paper bags cost 0.10€ each and it's just not worth it. So we just have all these canvas bags or baskets that we bring and put our stuff in. It's much less of a hassel anyways because the others tend to break. -.-
My city doesn't basically force you to, they totally force you too. They banned plastic 'single use' bags, it's a bs law to make us look better on the world stage because od obamas whole dirt oil bs campaign. But now we see these stupid bags that are worth something like 100 regular bags in the ditches by the dozens because really the buck he cost is not a whole lot to people up here. The guests at the hotel leave them all.the.time we started giving them to the food bank...now the food bank has literally thousands of these stupid bags! More then the could ever use in a year, but the oh companies also donate cases of them a few times a year, lol. I end u using way more plastic because I have to buy garbage bags, bags for the cat litter, poop bags hints I rarely bought before.