Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Resident fainting goat

I am absolutely angry, disgusted, sad.

WHY WHY WHY would the parents allow this pregnancy to go to term? Is motherhood and pregnancy truly what is best for a 9 year old child who was sexually abused?! (yes, having sex with a 9 year old is abuse. period. she is a child who is in no way mature enough to understand what sex is or the consequences. A 17 year old should know that, that is ABUSE.)
Her body is just starting to develop, the whole thing could have killed her! Not to mention the mental repercussions.
How will she got to school? how will her body continue to change? How will she face her peers? This will affect the rest of her life. A constant reminder of the abuse.

(Why is a rhetorical questions. I can think of many reasons why one might let this happen. I just think they are all wrong.)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Fishies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

WHY WHY WHY would the parents allow this pregnancy to go to term? Is motherhood and pregnancy truly what is best for a 9 year old child who was sexually abused?! (yes, having sex with a 9 year old is abuse. period. she is a child who is in no way mature enough to understand what sex is or the consequences. A 17 year old should know that, that is ABUSE.)
Her body is just starting to develop, the whole thing could have killed her! Not to mention the mental repercussions.
How will she got to school? how will her body continue to change? How will she face her peers? This will affect the rest of her life. A constant reminder of the abuse.

(Why is a rhetorical questions. I can think of many reasons why one might let this happen. I just think they are all wrong.)
Mexico.

Catholic country.

Illegal in so many circumstances.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

Not that it makes any of it better, by any means, but I think I read they didn't know until the 7th month? That may explain it, and I'm not sure what the abortion laws are there... Though if she'd been my child and I knew early enough I would have tried everything in my power to get her to a country that would help....
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Top Dog

In almost every case I've ever seen of a girl this young or younger having a baby, the family did not know until very close to the birth.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2013, 08:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Ok among other outrages...
This NINE year old feels she has a relationship with this 17 year old and won't give his name...
HELLO PARENTS? ARE YOU THERE? The
Child is NINE. You don't KNOW what this child is
Doing or te 17 year old she has a "relationship" with? This doesn't seem to be q case of rape as in one time and voila she is pregnant. It was a "relationship"? How do you drop the ball
So badly that your 9 year old child has a "relationship" with a guy twice her age and you have no idea who he is?

I get the blame lies on the abuser but seriously... Parents STOP BEING FRIENDS and start being accountable for your childs life. If this happened and I was the parent... My guilt would be unbelievable. I
Would feel like a total failure as a parent.

As for how will this child go on... I assume the parents will raise the child as a sibling or an adoptive family will be found.

I find it concerning that 9 year olds consider RELATIONSHIPS and sexual interactions.

This is NOT victim blaming but i feel in our society we are Over sexualizing children and leading them to pressures to give it up to anyone you may kind of like maybe sorta.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Top Dog

It sounds like in this case it was not the parents being "friends" but that they were probably working and not available. Sad fate for many poor communities is the children get left behind because the parents have no choice but to be gone for most of the day working. Not saying that is ok either but I dont think it sounds like a case of not caring.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Yes it is true. Here is the link to the story (scroll down & it's after the intro at the top) very disturbing even if it did happen long ago (back in 1939, I didn't know C cections have been around that long).

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
It sounds like in this case it was not the parents being "friends" but that they were probably working and not available. Sad fate for many poor communities is the children get left behind because the parents have no choice but to be gone for most of the day working. Not saying that is ok either but I dont think it sounds like a case of not caring.
This. I work with low income 13/14 year olds (obviously older than 9 year olds, but still children), and so many of them are just desperate for attention. Mom and Dad care and are trying to be the best parents they can be, but they just aren't around much due to working multiple jobs, having to take a multi-hour bus ride to get to work, etc. It's the choice between putting food on the table or spending time with the kids.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Ok among other outrages...
This NINE year old feels she has a relationship with this 17 year old and won't give his name...
HELLO PARENTS? ARE YOU THERE? The
Child is NINE. You don't KNOW what this child is
Doing or te 17 year old she has a "relationship" with? This doesn't seem to be q case of rape as in one time and voila she is pregnant. It was a "relationship"? How do you drop the ball
So badly that your 9 year old child has a "relationship" with a guy twice her age and you have no idea who he is?

I get the blame lies on the abuser but seriously... Parents STOP BEING FRIENDS and start being accountable for your childs life. If this happened and I was the parent... My guilt would be unbelievable. I
Would feel like a total failure as a parent.

As for how will this child go on... I assume the parents will raise the child as a sibling or an adoptive family will be found.

I find it concerning that 9 year olds consider RELATIONSHIPS and sexual interactions.

This is NOT victim blaming but i feel in our society we are Over sexualizing children and leading them to pressures to give it up to anyone you may kind of like maybe sorta.
1. that 17 year old needs to be found and convicted for child abuse/sexual assault and needs psychiatric help ..that much I agree with. I don't care what the pretense for this RAPE was, it was rape. I don't care if she saw it as a relationship, she is a CHILD. And those parents need to sit that child down and get a name. Any almost adult who is OK With having sex/a relationship with a child that age needs to be stopped.

2. As much as I agree about the parents not WATCHING their kids and being more observant parents.. it also could be an issue of poverty, parents working all day/night kind of thing.. perhaps they weren't around due to necessity.

3. For me, this isn't only about over-sexualizing.This is about EDUCATION. Especially in catholic countries, sex education is scarce "DONT DO IT DONT DO IT DONT DO IT ITS WRONG YOU WILL GO TO HELL" does not do ANYTHING to teach young people about what it is, why it is, how it works.

A child who does not know what sex is, how children are created, what the risks are, how their body works, that sexual feelings are normal, how to prevent these risks, and REALISTIC timelines and times to wait..
is only learning 1) ITS WRONG JESUS GO TO HELL from church and 2) IT'S FUN OMG SEX SEX SEX from the media and their peers.

They in many cases begin menstration and only learn that their bodies and sexual feelings are shameful and wrong. By not being educated about sex.. they don't know what to do. DON'T DO IT BECAUSE!! doesn't work. Their bodies react, there are feelings..they don't know what is normal, why isn't not wrong, how to deal with it because NOBODY has taught them.

Over-sexualizing is a problem with young children, certainly. We have 9 year olds who wear high heels and skip around in bikinis at pageants in front of adults.
but education is a bigger problem.

Victim blaming would be saying that this is the little girls fault. Which it isn't. It's societies fault for not educating her about sex, it's that boys fault for taking advantage of her, it's her parents fault for not watching her and teaching her themselves.
But to blame a 9 year old child for her abuse would be wrong.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Top Dog

This is just heart wrenching to read. That poor little girl, and that poor baby who's life most probably won't be any better than it's mother's.