Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Top Dog

Well, because I didn't have enough to work on already, Gusto decided to make my brain fall out last night.

We were at practice, and I asked a friend to "run" the dogwalk with us the way a judge does in trial. Gusto was perfect - crazy fast, super solid 2 on/2 off. As I turned to my friend beaming, she said "Let me see that again. He's missing his up contact."

Lunatic. Up contacts aren't even on my radar. I run small-ish dogs. I should not be thinking about this!!

He is usually dead on the center of the up contact, just not when he's coming straight at the dogwalk at full sprint. Someone needs to learn to collect a bit. I really, really don't want to screw with his dogwalk, so I think I'm just going to have to "check" him a bit on the approach if there is a runway to the dogwalk in a trial, and/or accept that, of all the problems I could have, getting called once in a while on it may not be all that bad.