Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 02-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Island dweller

Smkie. Your story made me tear-up. Not that that is hard to do. You did what you thought was best. You had the best of intentions and didn't know that would happen. How terribly cruel those people were. Shame on them not shame on you.

I know that it is hard, probably impossible, to ever let it go. But you were considering what was best for him when you did that. And that is all any of us can do.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:31 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I just hope that if anyone is in the same place of life, they can read this post and know to make better decisions. If I had checked up on him....I would have found out.
Now I know to never trust anyone with someone I am the caretaker of. I now know that if there is a God, he has given me this love and I am to be the best caretaker I can be. I made Bronki that promise when I opened his little sack at birth and watched him take his first breath.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Island dweller

Old 02-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Love my pets

So sorry to hear about Charlie. You did what you thought was right at the time in your heart. We can never know the true side of some people. Know that Charlie is waiting for you at the rainbow bridge waiting to give you doggy kisses.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:26 AM
K-9 lover ;)

I cannot imagine how bad you must feel BUT I completely agree with Renee and creatureteacher. I can however offer my support and ears. If you ever want to talk about Charlie, please feel free. You had no idea what was going to happen. You actually did the hardest thing of all...you gave him up thinking he would have a better life. How very unselfish of you. Knowing that you never wanted to give him up, you couldn't bare to see him stuck in the basement. You are a kind and generous person. Charlie is waiting for you...you WILL see him again! Take care! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
RIP my sweet baby....
Rudy - 15 year old dalmation/lab mix
Old 02-22-2005, 01:09 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Thank you Roni and everyone for your kind words. I still think he would bite me in the butt for being so d**** stupid. Thank you Renee for pointing out Cindi's story...i had read back in the stories, but I must have not read far enough. It made me sit here and blubber but it helped. If there had been a forum then, or the internet...and I could have talked to wonderful people like you the outcome might have been different. These times they are a changing, and not all for the worse...