Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-05-2013, 03:05 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Violet has no problems. She generally prefers me when I'm he but when I'm not she doesn't mind, and will stick with my mom.

Chloe is okay when we're gone but is sad. She will pace outside of our bedroom until my mom lets her in there and she'll lay on our bed looking sad. Once we were spending the night with a friend and my parents were going to have Chloe sleep with them, and when they went upstairs, my parents called her into their room and she just stood in the hallway looking back and forth from our bedroom to my parents bedroom until she finally just went and slept by herself in our room.

Dixie used to sit in my door way and shake until I got home. She was attached to me in the EXTREME though (like unhealthily).

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Puppy Dog

Luna is pretty much attached to my whole family(Cinnamon was too) so when I'm at school and my mom/dad/ brother/ sister take care of her she doesn't even notice I'm gone. She's pretty happy and relaxed as long as she gets attention from someone . She does lose it when I get back home though , she won't leave my side afterwards and only sleeps comfortably in her crate if I'm sitting next to her..
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Milo's only mopey if he knows I'll be gone for a long time....basically if he sees a suitcase or overnight bag, or if I am gone for a long time (usually overnight).

He doesn't seem to care much if anyone else leaves.

Benji doesn't mind if anyone leaves. In fact, he doesn't mind if we ALL leave, I don't think.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Top Dog

Never tried it with my two, but I can see them behaving fairly well, if not trying to weasle some extra treats out of whoever was watching them, lol.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 02-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Top Dog

If it's me or my mom home, Nia doesn't care. If we both leave, and someone else like a relative or a friend is at home, she ignores that person and lies on my bed and sleeps.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

I live with my parents, and have for the entire time I've had both dogs.

Meg has a marked preference for me. She will rarely, if ever, choose to hang out in the downstairs where my parents live unless I'm there as well, or unless I'm gone. My mother is home during the day (retired) so Meg does hang out with her then. She will generally go for walks/rides with my mother if I'm not home - if I am home, there is no way she will leave the house. She is *horrible* to my father. She loves him just fine if he's eating, but otherwise she barely acknowledges him. If he tries to take her for a walk, she refuses. She will deign to let him take her into the yard on a leash, but panics and pulls back if he tries to walk her past the driveway. We joke that she is afraid he's going to kidnap her.

Gusto is less particular about walks - I think he'd go with anyone! He does adore my mother, and will often choose to sleep on her lap in the evenings. Once we are up and have had our breakfast, he usually waits downstairs so he can greet my mother once she's up for the day as well. He pretty much will "go" or "do" with anyone who is offering - he just wants to be involved!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

We'll start with Pepper since she's the oddball, LOL.
Pepper is my dog 100% unless I am not there. She will not leave the room and she will follow me everywhere. If I'm not there she will attach to my mom. She avoids my dad a lot even now. Not nearly as bad as she used to be but she really would like to approach him on her terms, which him calling her and reaching out his hand to her is not "on her terms" and she doesn't like it. HOWEVER... if nobody else is home... she is okay with him. Okay with him, not glomming onto him like she does with me. She will run and hide and when she realizes nobody else is home she'll go find him to hang out with him and will apparently even lay down on top of him.

Nobody likes Payton but me so he's really very rarely out when I'm not home, and when he IS out, so is Georgie, so he's usually playing with her more than caring where my parents are. But Payton is a mama's boy and would rather hang out with me than anybody else anyway, so I guess it's okay that nobody else likes him LOL.

If I'm not home Auggie is a-okay with everybody else, but if he's out and I AM home but just not in the same room (like, say, I went to the bathroom and he wasn't quick enough to follow me) he will lay down on the floor outside the door just waiting. He doesn't necessarily have to be in the same room as me, but he does have to know where I am. He's my boy. <3

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

Lo is happy to hang out with absolutely anybody
Old 02-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Water Junkie

Oh, Blaze is definitely mine. I've been told he eats less, sleeps less, and barks more when I'm gone. He's definitely much calmer/at ease when I'm around.

Lizzie....she's a toss up. She's fine as long as you give her noms. But she definitely responds better to me.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 02-05-2013, 06:55 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Oh to be clear, none of our dogs pine such that they miss a meal lol.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13