Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Top Dog

Very cute!!!

Well, I hit today's training session with this in mind. Did some nice stuff with Zuma, I was able to kneel instead of sit on the ground to get Splat. Zinga on the other hand was all over the place as usual so we scratched the original plan and just did impulse control stuff and balance ball stuff (she can't spaz out on the balance ball and has to concentrate on staying still rather than vibrating). So no frog for her tonight.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 02-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

So I started working on this with Art and Talon yesterday night.

Artimis: ERG. I gave up on shaping it with him. I lured it and he's doing pretty well with it.

Talon: I shaped it with him and he did great! He accidentally kicked his right foot out into position so I gave him a jackpot and he caught on really quick. The problem is getting his left leg to kick out!

I started trying to just reward for left leg movement, but he's having a lot of trouble with it. He sits there with his right leg in froggy position and left leg under his tummy. lol

Any suggestions? I tried the pillow after a while to see if that would get his left leg out but no success. He only wants to eat the pillow. I think it's just too big for him and I have no others. So now I'm stuck with Talon thinking he is oh so clever kicking his right leg out as far as it will stretch, putting his arms out front and laying his head down, which is perfect if it wasn't for that left leg!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
So I started working on this with Art and Talon yesterday night.

Artimis: ERG. I gave up on shaping it with him. I lured it and he's doing pretty well with it.

Talon: I shaped it with him and he did great! He accidentally kicked his right foot out into position so I gave him a jackpot and he caught on really quick. The problem is getting his left leg to kick out!

I started trying to just reward for left leg movement, but he's having a lot of trouble with it. He sits there with his right leg in froggy position and left leg under his tummy. lol

Any suggestions? I tried the pillow after a while to see if that would get his left leg out but no success. He only wants to eat the pillow. I think it's just too big for him and I have no others. So now I'm stuck with Talon thinking he is oh so clever kicking his right leg out as far as it will stretch, putting his arms out front and laying his head down, which is perfect if it wasn't for that left leg!
Zinga did that for awhile. Can you try folding a blanket under him instead? That way you can try folding it different ways to make it higher or lower.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Top Dog

We've been working on pivot still but I'm going to abandon that (with no guilt what-so-ever) because I would much rather do this. Lol. Hopefully I'll be able to fit a session in with Tipper tonight.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Here is where we are at so far....

I'm a little frustrated that she did the frog perfectly towards the beginning of the video and even though I jackpotted her she didn't really offer it again... but then I was rewarding her for only putting one leg out too so it's probably my fault.

Next session we are going to focus more on getting both of those legs out.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4PtMpMfEGEk?list=UUivDfVVknpq7yuFg117g35w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ETA: UGH I've tried multiple different embed options INCLUDING what worked with the last two videos I posted on this forum and it isn't working. This is so frustrating!!!!

Here's the link.... and someone please help me figure out how to embed videos in this thread. It's really really frustrating me that I can't figure it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PtMp...17g35w&index=1
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle

Last edited by skittledoo; 02-06-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Mrrg. I'm honestly thinking this position might be painful for Frodo. He's never liked his back legs fussed with and will not lay frog style ever on his own, and I think every corgi I have known has done it without prompting.

I am going to keep working at it, but I promise nothing!!

Can puppies do all this stuff? Like all of our weekly tricks? Because I will have one of those next week, and I'm unsure if this kind of think is above 12 week old puppy brains...

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Top Dog

Lo never offers it on her own or lays like that ever, but it was pretty easy to lure her into it. I'm going to try it with Lucy this weekend, but I think she'll have a tougher time with it.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Can puppies do all this stuff? Like all of our weekly tricks? Because I will have one of those next week, and I'm unsure if this kind of think is above 12 week old puppy brains...
Yes!! To be honest, most of these tricks are from Trkman's online puppy class, including Frog. Siri's sister is working on that right now!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Top Dog

Checking to see how this is going for everyone! I haven't practiced it much lately, still working on adding distance to Zuma's and still trying to get Zinga's under stim control.

The next trick will be posted Feb 17th, so you have plenty of time to work on this still.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Top Dog

We've been working on it!!!!!!

I'll post a video soon!

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador