Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

I think the reason you're getting such strong reactions Barbara, is because that "something" you say has only a 1% chance of happening is the potential death of your unborn child. Or a serious, possibly permanent, health issue. Either way, as this child's mother, it's your job to suck it up and act a little bit like a "delicate flower"-- not for your sake, but for the baby's.

I don't agree with all the things that are on the list of "stuff to avoid" but I sit down and have a serious conversation about them with my midwife and then alter my decisions accordingly based on the risks. I stick to veggie sushi, I drink decaf, I stay away from alcohol completely. It's what being a mother is-- sacrifice.

It's not worth any risk IMO. You should wait.

And it's really not my business to tell people how to spend their hard earned money, but if I had an extra $60 right now, it would be going into an RESP or other savings account to help pay for the enormous expenses that come along with a baby. More sacrifice.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.