Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

View Poll Results: Do you consider your dog "breed worthy", hypothetically?
Yes 31 36.05%
No 34 39.53%
Almost 15 17.44%
This is a dog forum? 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

Eden: Absolutely not. She is a terrible representative for her breed in that she is nothing like the standard in terms of temperament I love her to death, she fits in here wonderfully and she has a really awesome temperament - go anywhere, do anything, meet anyone - but it's not standard. Also, she's small and slow haha

Kastle: Not sure yet. He's very social and stable with good drives but he's a little extreme. I am going to reserve judgement until he's like 4-5 years and has some experience and more titles under his belt - namely, IPO. I also need to have his hips/elbows x-rayed and his DM test done still. That said, if there was someone looking to add drive into the mix with their bitch, perhaps I'd be interested (later). He's wonderful in a lot of ways - fun, well mannered, polite, loyal, tolerant of other dogs, good with people of all ages...environmentally solid...

Limit: Probably not but we'll see. 1. I don't think anyone will want to use him for stud and I'm not going to start my own breeding program. 2. I don't know how his biddability/handler focus will transfer when we start actually competing. He's really cool right now - stable, social, he's got a nice build, good drive for food and toy - likes to chase, retrieve, and tug. I love him a lot and he has a lot to offer but it's up in the air if that will make him a super awesome active pet or a decent performance dog.