Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Top Dog

I love this thread! It's so neat to see what everyone does. I have been meaning to get all the dog's stuff organized since moving into this house, and just... haven't. Until today. BF and I were at Lowe's and saw the perfect shelving unit marked down for being used as a display and snatched it up. So I came home and did this;

The top shelf has their food bowls and daily supplements, dremel bag/supplies, plus a basket of toys; the toys they aren't allowed to have all the time such as a chuck it, special tennis balls, 3 or 4 frisbees, a bumper, birch scented hides for nosework, some tugs, special cuz's, and a dumbbell. My bait bag is hanging off of this basket.

The second shelf from the top has two large bins and two small bins. In the first large bin on the left, there are treats; training treats and biscuits/everyday treats and chews and such. The two smaller bins have prong tip covers/extra prongs in one and clickers in the second. The larger bin on the right has grooming supplies; toothbrushes/paste, 2 speed clippers, extra blades, combs, a few different shampoos and colognes, nail clippers, nail paint, zoom groom, and a few different brushes/rakes and Frag's muzzle.

The third shelf currently has Sir & Frag's backpacks, extra bowls/dishes, and empty space for a medium bin that I will put all of the medications in; I have a ton I've collected over the years. Antibiotics, special shampoos, flea/tick stuff, numerous hypothyroidism pills & skin steroids, glucosamine, numerous HW preventatives, otomax, previcox, etc.

The bottom shelf has their towels/hand towels on one side and crate blankets on the other.

The drawer unit to the right has their coats sitting on top, under a basket with all of their clean kongs and antlers. The top drawer has bandanas and extra/old/foster collars, prongs, and chains.

The middle drawer has everyone's collars and harnesses that they still wear sometimes.

The bottom drawer has all of our leashes and slip leads.

*sigh* I am finally getting there!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Not a Border Collie

I have a pretty large three tier plastic organizer. Top drawer is health stuff (vet wrap, toothbrushes, etc) , grooming, and small misc objects (poop bags, extra rubit clips, cottage dog tags). The second drawer is slightly larger and has her large collection of treats as well as her treat bag. Bottom and deepest drawer has all her harnesses, bandanas, leashes and collars all rolled up and organized.

I also have a large bin stuffed to the brim with all of her toys and stuffies.

All of her paperwork (vet invoices, health testing results, registration papers) are in a designated binder.

It all works fairly well! I don't know what I did before I got those bins and whatnot. I do want to find another way to organize leashes and collars though, then I'd move the treats down to the bottom drawer and expand the medical and grooming stuff a little. I've brainstormed some ideas which will hopefully happen when we move shortly.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I need to completely revamp my organization. In our house, the dogs have a whole separate room to themselves with a little amour type thing that holds extra collars, backpacks, sweatshirts, medical files, and jazz. Their crates kind of sit in the middle of the room and be big and obnoxious.

In the entry way, I have a leash hook (though I bought a new pretty one that needs to go up instead), and then sitting next to my calendar, I've got a small box with clicker, treat bag, individual-exclusive high drive toys.

In the fridge, I have two containers that store each dogs meat for the week, plus a small deep freezer downstairs for raw food storage.

Then, in the living room, we have their toy box, which never has toys in it because every time I put them back, they magically reappear in my bed.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Then, in the living room, we have their toy box, which never has toys in it because every time I put them back, they magically reappear in my bed.
Don't you love how that happens?

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 09-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

I'm bumping this up because I need inspiration, haha. I just store all my things in empty Tidy Cat bins

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 09-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Yay! I need to revamp organization as well..

I need a better way to store backpacks/harnesses/jackets...

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

I have the grooming stuff I get into frequently (toothbrush and paste, brush, nail cutters) and her daily supplements in a little basket on my bookcase. Shampoos, extra grooming stuff, extra supplements, winter coats/props, and extra treats and chewies are in two of these things:

In my closet.

Her collars, harnesses and leashes are on the back of my door:

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 09-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Puppy Dog

I'm seeing some very nice ideas here that I might implement. I'm a big fan of wicker baskets, I have a large one in the living room with their toys (though the toys are usually all over the floor instead), it's just the right size that they can crawl into it for something. Heh.

I have another basket on the kitchen counter that holds different treats and food items. I have one of those large 'be green' type bags hanging in the front closet with all their shirts and sweaters (and they have a lot). I don't really dress them anymore unless it's cold out.

I have another basket with grooming supplies, and one with collars, leashes and odds and ends. I have really been thinking about getting a small dresser for all their things but maybe when we buy a house-this rental doesn't really have the room for it right now.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Nothing inspirational here. We added on a pantry in the kitchen to keep all the dog related nonsense, and a cute bench in a nook by the front door for all their regularly used stuff. There is a shelf above it that has all the extra. Sham helped.

There is a huge closet right next to the shelf/bench with an unnaturally large door, so I think I'm going to steal AmandaNola's hanging up leads/collars.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Silence, peasants.

Horrible photo quality, but you get the point. The view of my closet/dog storage.

ETA to clarify, that is an over-the-door shoe organizer. It is beautiful. I love it.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle

Last edited by Oko; 09-08-2013 at 08:33 PM.