Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Top Dog

I'm trying to decide whether or not to announce Logan is a service dog on facebook. The only people who don't know yet are my coworkers at the vet clinic (except for one person, who saw us at Walmart, but she hasn't told anyone else). It's been 6 months since Logan started working, and that's roughly what I was going to say, along with a few pictures. I just don't know though. On one hand I don't want people to get upset over it, but on the other hand...what are they going to do, fire me? One of my goals for the year is to get out of that place, anyway.... But...ugh. I just don't know.

Quote:
You could always get a sling or put her in a carrier like I have seen a lot of people do their small dogs.
Please don't. Just because other people do it doesn't make it okay.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I wouldn't likely do it.

It's just a huge bummer that its so close and I'd love to walk there but I find walking without a dog extremely dull. So I drive. Which isn't good for me or the environment. Plus it's a smaller branch and is very quiet at the times I go (I arrange to go when the classes at the high school it's connected to are in session).

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 PM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
I'm trying to decide whether or not to announce Logan is a service dog on facebook. The only people who don't know yet are my coworkers at the vet clinic (except for one person, who saw us at Walmart, but she hasn't told anyone else). It's been 6 months since Logan started working, and that's roughly what I was going to say, along with a few pictures. I just don't know though. On one hand I don't want people to get upset over it, but on the other hand...what are they going to do, fire me? One of my goals for the year is to get out of that place, anyway.... But...ugh. I just don't know.
I say do it. The longer you wait, the better chance you'll run into someone else or your coworker spills the beans. Wouldn't you rather it come on your terms? I sent out an email to all my coworkers when I started training with Saxon. One of my coworkers refuses to acknowledge it, though. She always changes the subject when I talk about training and such, it's really odd.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
I see both sides of that lol.

On the one hand, sometimes I just want to post in big HUGE letters that I'm autistic and have issues because of it, and for people to get the heck over it. Because I haven't even told most of my family when I got diagnosed. I actually haven't even told them I was going to see a dr.

Then, on the other hand, I'm a giant chicken.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
I say do it. The longer you wait, the better chance you'll run into someone else or your coworker spills the beans. Wouldn't you rather it come on your terms? I sent out an email to all my coworkers when I started training with Saxon. One of my coworkers refuses to acknowledge it, though. She always changes the subject when I talk about training and such, it's really odd.
I'm leaning towards doing it, for those reasons. The reason I'm even considering it is because we had someone come in Friday with a new puppy he wants to train as his service dog. Based on my experience with him and what I saw from the puppy, I'm pretty sure they can do it if he works hard (OMG I LOVED that puppy!). But anyway, I was the one called up to give this guy the run-down - everyone at work knows I'm the one to talk to about service dog issues. Thing is, they presume this is from research in preparation to go to Bergin U (which never ended up happening...yet), and not because I actually have and trained a service dog.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Top Dog

I bought a battery charger and what I thought were 4 AA rechargeable batteries for my camera, since it eats batteries so fast. I get home, open the package to put them in my camera, and...two are AA, two are AAA >.< I also bought a package of four AAA for my phone speaker I use to listen to music at work. Now I have 6 AAA with no use for 2 of them, and a camera in need of two more AA batteries.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Top Dog

I never really get too angry or physically violent and maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, but holy GOD this girl is pushing on my last buttons and I am seriously going to hurt her. Ughhhh.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Love My Mutt <3

My mom says the cheese factory is on fire. A major fire.

WORST NEWS EVER.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-03-2013, 03:06 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:

I say tell them because I think it would be less awkward then if you say, by chance ran I to someone you knew at a store somewhere & then they will be all "why do you have a service dog?" It's easier to explain when you aren't so on the spot .

Quote:
What's wrong with doggy slings? It IMHO is better then say, tying her outside or driving the car which is as Mandy said ... Not good for her of the environment, I think the slings are ok, but the purse-thing is a little much IMO but some people like them which is why I suggested them.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Top Dog

Apparently Implanon is teaming up with my uterus and they've decided shark week is never happening ever again.

Good news? No.

Because I still end up PMSing at random.