Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2851  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

I'm trying to decide whether or not to announce Logan is a service dog on facebook. The only people who don't know yet are my coworkers at the vet clinic (except for one person, who saw us at Walmart, but she hasn't told anyone else). It's been 6 months since Logan started working, and that's roughly what I was going to say, along with a few pictures. I just don't know though. On one hand I don't want people to get upset over it, but on the other hand...what are they going to do, fire me? One of my goals for the year is to get out of that place, anyway.... But...ugh. I just don't know.


Quote:
You could always get a sling or put her in a carrier like I have seen a lot of people do their small dogs.
Please don't. Just because other people do it doesn't make it okay.
Reply With Quote
  #2852  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:32 PM
MandyPug's Avatar
MandyPug MandyPug is offline
Sport Model Pug
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Please don't. Just because other people do it doesn't make it okay.
I wouldn't likely do it.

It's just a huge bummer that its so close and I'd love to walk there but I find walking without a dog extremely dull. So I drive. Which isn't good for me or the environment. Plus it's a smaller branch and is very quiet at the times I go (I arrange to go when the classes at the high school it's connected to are in session).
__________________

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Reply With Quote
  #2853  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 PM
CatStina CatStina is offline
SBT Lover!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I'm trying to decide whether or not to announce Logan is a service dog on facebook. The only people who don't know yet are my coworkers at the vet clinic (except for one person, who saw us at Walmart, but she hasn't told anyone else). It's been 6 months since Logan started working, and that's roughly what I was going to say, along with a few pictures. I just don't know though. On one hand I don't want people to get upset over it, but on the other hand...what are they going to do, fire me? One of my goals for the year is to get out of that place, anyway.... But...ugh. I just don't know.
I say do it. The longer you wait, the better chance you'll run into someone else or your coworker spills the beans. Wouldn't you rather it come on your terms? I sent out an email to all my coworkers when I started training with Saxon. One of my coworkers refuses to acknowledge it, though. She always changes the subject when I talk about training and such, it's really odd.
Reply With Quote
  #2854  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I'm trying to decide whether or not to announce Logan is a service dog on facebook. The only people who don't know yet are my coworkers at the vet clinic (except for one person, who saw us at Walmart, but she hasn't told anyone else). It's been 6 months since Logan started working, and that's roughly what I was going to say, along with a few pictures. I just don't know though. On one hand I don't want people to get upset over it, but on the other hand...what are they going to do, fire me? One of my goals for the year is to get out of that place, anyway.... But...ugh. I just don't know.
I see both sides of that lol.

On the one hand, sometimes I just want to post in big HUGE letters that I'm autistic and have issues because of it, and for people to get the heck over it. Because I haven't even told most of my family when I got diagnosed. I actually haven't even told them I was going to see a dr.

Then, on the other hand, I'm a giant chicken.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2855  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
I say do it. The longer you wait, the better chance you'll run into someone else or your coworker spills the beans. Wouldn't you rather it come on your terms? I sent out an email to all my coworkers when I started training with Saxon. One of my coworkers refuses to acknowledge it, though. She always changes the subject when I talk about training and such, it's really odd.
I'm leaning towards doing it, for those reasons. The reason I'm even considering it is because we had someone come in Friday with a new puppy he wants to train as his service dog. Based on my experience with him and what I saw from the puppy, I'm pretty sure they can do it if he works hard (OMG I LOVED that puppy!). But anyway, I was the one called up to give this guy the run-down - everyone at work knows I'm the one to talk to about service dog issues. Thing is, they presume this is from research in preparation to go to Bergin U (which never ended up happening...yet), and not because I actually have and trained a service dog.
Reply With Quote
  #2856  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

I bought a battery charger and what I thought were 4 AA rechargeable batteries for my camera, since it eats batteries so fast. I get home, open the package to put them in my camera, and...two are AA, two are AAA >.< I also bought a package of four AAA for my phone speaker I use to listen to music at work. Now I have 6 AAA with no use for 2 of them, and a camera in need of two more AA batteries.
Reply With Quote
  #2857  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Barbara!'s Avatar
Barbara! Barbara! is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,454
Default

I never really get too angry or physically violent and maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, but holy GOD this girl is pushing on my last buttons and I am seriously going to hurt her. Ughhhh.
__________________
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." -D.H. Lawrence

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Reply With Quote
  #2858  
Old 02-03-2013, 01:53 PM
JessLough JessLough is online now
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,122
Default

My mom says the cheese factory is on fire. A major fire.

WORST NEWS EVER.
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #2859  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I'm trying to decide whether or not to announce Logan is a service dog on facebook. The only people who don't know yet are my coworkers at the vet clinic (except for one person, who saw us at Walmart, but she hasn't told anyone else). It's been 6 months since Logan started working, and that's roughly what I was going to say, along with a few pictures. I just don't know though. On one hand I don't want people to get upset over it, but on the other hand...what are they going to do, fire me? One of my goals for the year is to get out of that place, anyway.... But...ugh. I just don't know.

I say tell them because I think it would be less awkward then if you say, by chance ran I to someone you knew at a store somewhere & then they will be all "why do you have a service dog?" It's easier to explain when you aren't so on the spot .


Quote:
Please don't. Just because other people do it doesn't make it okay.
What's wrong with doggy slings? It IMHO is better then say, tying her outside or driving the car which is as Mandy said ... Not good for her of the environment, I think the slings are ok, but the purse-thing is a little much IMO but some people like them which is why I suggested them.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #2860  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,670
Default

Apparently Implanon is teaming up with my uterus and they've decided shark week is never happening ever again.

Good news? No.

Because I still end up PMSing at random.
__________________
Zander and HarleyQuinn
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site